PDA

View Full Version : Bloody Salesmen

FishHunter
07-04-2011, 06:59 PM
Long story this.
I wanted a new trailer so i did some research here and other places and decided what I wanted, which a HD version of the std trailer which has a 1750kg rating vs the std 1500kg.

I walk into the local dealer and tell them exactly what i want, repeatedly. I get a quote and off I go, a week later I go in pay a deposit and order the trailer.

Today I get a call the trailer is here so i shoot up at lunchtime to pay for it so they can get it registered.

Problem is the trailer which is mine has 13 inch wheels and a 1500kg rating on the compliance plate not the 14 inch wheels and 1750kg rating I am expecting.

The blood pressure really started to rise when the salesman showed me 2 quotes in his book and insisted he quoted me on a std trailer and thats what I ordered. Why he even quoted on the std trailer is a mystery to me as at no point did I even mention it

The real fuel under the fire was when he said that they will upgrade the trailer at additional cost.

At that point I had to work really hard to restrain myself, this went on for a while untill I asked for my deposit back so I could go elsewhere at that point one of the owners intervened.

After some explanation they are now ordering the HD version at the quoted price only issue is another 3 week wait.

In the meantime I dug out the written quote which clearly states the HD version at the std trailers price.

Clearly the salesmans mistake, luckily I insisted on a written quote even if its just to show I was not just trying my luck

Jeremy
07-04-2011, 07:50 PM
I think I know who you are talking about. I call them SCuM due to problems I had with them with a new outboard.

I also agree never pay for anything without a written quote.

Lucky_Phill
07-04-2011, 08:36 PM
Worth standing your ground FH.

Best thing you did was getting a written quote.

Friend has had very similar issues as you. They live in remote location so ordered trailer to suit by phone. Pick up and no where near right trailer.

Broken left springs, wrong rollers and skids, bent axle, wrong size tyres and more.

Trouble being from a remote location, the salesman / dealership has you by the short and curlies.

I have had one trailer custom built......... only way to go. You actually get what you WANT.... :)

Cheers Phill

FishHunter
08-04-2011, 03:19 AM
I have spent a fair bit of money with this mob previously and have been happy with my dealings up until yesterdays confusion. Of the 4 boat places in town they are far and away the best so i was very surprised, any way as I stated its now been sorted just peeved that I had go through that.

charleville
08-04-2011, 08:16 AM
luckily I insisted on a written quote

Very wise. I always do the same, including even minor details if needed.

SunnyCoastMark
09-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Just out of curiosty FH- what did they change on the standard trailer to upgrade it to 1750kg?

Mark