PDA

View Full Version : Boat Ramp Pontoon on Bribie

gunna
04-04-2011, 05:38 PM
I am taking a handicapped person boating in Pumistone Passage in a fortnight. I plan to go in at Bribie and run up to Caloundra.

It would be good if we could get her onto the boat at a pontoon at the Bribie end. Does anyone know if any of the boat ramps there have pontoons ??

Cheers

Peter

Prowl n Wolf
04-04-2011, 05:43 PM
g'day peter, the bongeree jetty would be suitable. two floating pontoons with ramps. regards, tony

gunna
04-04-2011, 06:23 PM
Thanks for that Tony.

Boab Bribie
04-04-2011, 06:57 PM
Hi Peter,
I agree with Tony Bongaree jetty would be perfect for your situation. Put the boat in a Spinnakker sound and just motor over to the jetty/Pontoon.
Cheers JASON

captain rednut
04-04-2011, 08:13 PM
spinnaker sound marina im sure wouldnt mind if you use their pontoons?? go over to the bbq hire boats in the marina and ask the guy there hes name is brendon and im sure he will help you. its a much safer and smoother place to load her and very close to the car.
good luck jim

gunna
05-04-2011, 08:46 AM
Hi Peter,
I agree with Tony Bongaree jetty would be perfect for your situation. Put the boat in a Spinnakker sound and just motor over to the jetty/Pontoon.
Cheers JASON

Just wondering Jason - why wouldn't I put the boat in at Bongaree?? I take it we are talking about the ramp over on Bribie - not the one in Spinnaker ??

Greg P
05-04-2011, 09:50 AM
Depends on size of your boat and tide. That ramp at the front of the caravan park is quite short and very shallow but good sand area to run the boat up