PDA

View Full Version : mackay shoals

webby nq
04-04-2011, 05:27 PM
Theres an old wifes tale that says the fish go off the bite when theres westerely winds , mainly nor, westers anyway and with the forecast being 10 - 15 knot nor, westers nothing was deterring me from my fishing drought.We headed out to a spot i found last trip and was greeted with very shit conditions. Finally got there and with lines down with some good lipper straight up so on went the whole mullet and within 3 minutes a good 11kg red jumped in the boat with both hooks in his mouth. They went off the bite a few drifts later but we struggled through the day to get some fish but the change of the tide in the arvo got em on the chew. The night fishing was dead and we were lucky enough to get a massive storm about 2 in the morning. Finally morning came and the fishin sesh was good with good pinkies and lipper chewing there heads off but we left them biting and headed off. So much for the nor westers but not 1 trout was caught so maybe this rule applies for certain fish?

jarhead
05-04-2011, 10:18 AM
Also had some good results in NW conditions, although light. Nice results there mate.

Wal