PDA

View Full Version : Sick Of Paying Too Much For Fuel For The Boat And The Car? Then Try This.

Chimo
28-03-2011, 11:39 AM
I know I dread filling the boat to feed two motors not to mention the cars and the 4WD.

Anyhow I recently had this sent to me and this idea has a lot of merit unless you own a BP station! And in my case they lost me ages ago when they changed the composition of diesel before everyone else and it affected my fuel pump so it leaked all over the road!
United they stand, divided they just might fall!

The origin is obviously American, however with our strong AU$ it may not be long until we are paying $1.90 per litre.

THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' PETROL FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT WILL SUGGEST A WAY THAT MIGHT GET PETROL BACK DOWN TO $1.00 PER Litre....

This was originally sent by Phillip Hollsworth, a retired Coca Cola executive.
If you are tired of the fuel prices going up AND they will continue to rise this winter, take time to read this, PLEASE.

Phillip offered this good idea.

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day' campaign that was suggested previously!

It is worth your consideration. Join the resistance and lets see what we can do!!!!

We are going to hit $ 2.00 a litre and it might go higher!!
Want petrol prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action. The oil companies just laughed at last year’s action because they knew we would not continue to 'hurt' ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.
Please read on and join with us!

By now, you're probably thinking petrol priced at about $1.50 is cheap.
It is currently up to $1.90 for unleaded with out stupid ethanol.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a liter of gas is CHEAP at $1.50, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace...not sellers .

With the price of petrol and diesel going up more each day, we consumers need to take action..

The only way we are going to see the price of petrol and diesel come down is if we hit someone in the wallet by not purchasing their petrol!

And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? Since we all rely on our cars, and we would like to use our boats we can't just stop buying petrol.

But we CAN have an impact on petrol prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY petrol from BP
the biggest price-up driver company.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of BP petrol buyers. It's SO simple!

Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach thousands and even MILLIONS of people!!

I am sending this note to 100,000 people.. yeah Ausfish::)
If each of you sends it on to at least another twenty outside of this site more that's (20 x 100,000 = 20,000,000 that the whole country) .. Some of you will duplicate who you send it to so lets call it 10 mil, that’s still not a bad start
If however many don’t act, (Why) but its only 400 and those 400 send it to at least twenty more (400 x 20 = 8000 ... and so on,
by the time the message reaches the fifth group of people, we will have reached over SIXTY FOUR MILLION consumers and we will be making an impression well beyond these shores!!!!!
20x20 = 400
400x20 = 8,000
8,000x20 = 160,000
160,000x20 = 3,200,000
3,200,000x20 = 64,000,000
64,000,000x20 = 12,800,000,000
That's 12.80 Billion people folks, who will have been contacted if we don’t run out of people and you don’t count duplicate contacts!!!!!

Unbelievable?? Do the math and see for yourself!
Again, all you have to do is send this to 20 people. That's all!
I'll bet you didn't think we had that much potential, did you!
Acting together we can make a difference..

If this message makes sense to you, then please pass it on.
THEY will LOWER THEIR PRICES TO BELOW THE $1.50 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN.
THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

It’s simple – send the message along to others and choose to not buy petrol from BP.
TWENTY FIVE POINT SIX BILLION people:
Now THAT's people power. LET'S JUST DO IT ! ! !
More power to us.

PS Cant hurt so why not have a go at it!

Cheers
Chimo

Marlin_Mike
28-03-2011, 12:21 PM
I know I dread filling the boat to feed two motors not to mention the cars and the 4WD.

Anyhow I recently had this sent to me and this idea has a lot of merit unless you own a BP station! And in my case they lost me ages ago when they changed the composition of diesel before everyone else and it affected my fuel pump so it leaked all over the road!
United they stand, divided they just might fall!

The origin is obviously American, however with our strong AU$ it may not be long until we are paying $1.90 per litre.

THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' PETROL FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT WILL SUGGEST A WAY THAT MIGHT GET PETROL BACK DOWN TO $1.00 PER Litre....

This was originally sent by Phillip Hollsworth, a retired Coca Cola executive.
If you are tired of the fuel prices going up AND they will continue to rise this winter, take time to read this, PLEASE.

Phillip offered this good idea.

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day' campaign that was suggested previously!

It is worth your consideration. Join the resistance and lets see what we can do!!!!

We are going to hit $ 2.00 a litre and it might go higher!!
Want petrol prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action. The oil companies just laughed at last year’s action because they knew we would not continue to 'hurt' ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.
Please read on and join with us!

By now, you're probably thinking petrol priced at about $1.50 is cheap.
It is currently up to $1.90 for unleaded with out stupid ethanol.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a liter of gas is CHEAP at $1.50, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace...not sellers .

With the price of petrol and diesel going up more each day, we consumers need to take action..

The only way we are going to see the price of petrol and diesel come down is if we hit someone in the wallet by not purchasing their petrol!

And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? Since we all rely on our cars, and we would like to use our boats we can't just stop buying petrol.

But we CAN have an impact on petrol prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY petrol from BP
the biggest price-up driver company.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of BP petrol buyers. It's SO simple!

Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach thousands and even MILLIONS of people!!

I am sending this note to 100,000 people.. yeah Ausfish::)
If each of you sends it on to at least another twenty outside of this site more that's (20 x 100,000 = 20,000,000 that the whole country) .. Some of you will duplicate who you send it to so lets call it 10 mil, that’s still not a bad start
If however many don’t act, (Why) but its only 400 and those 400 send it to at least twenty more (400 x 20 = 8000 ... and so on,
by the time the message reaches the fifth group of people, we will have reached over SIXTY FOUR MILLION consumers and we will be making an impression well beyond these shores!!!!!
20x20 = 400
400x20 = 8,000
8,000x20 = 160,000
160,000x20 = 3,200,000
That's 12.80 Billion people folks, who will have been contacted if we don’t run out of people and you don’t count duplicate contacts!!!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 20 people. That's all!
I'll bet you didn't think we had that much potential, did you!
Acting together we can make a difference..

If this message makes sense to you, then please pass it on.
THEY will LOWER THEIR PRICES TO BELOW THE $1.50 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN.
THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

It’s simple – send the message along to others and choose to not buy petrol from BP.
TWENTY FIVE POINT SIX BILLION people:
Now THAT's people power. LET'S JUST DO IT ! ! !
More power to us.

PS Cant hurt so why not have a go at it!

Cheers
Chimo

You can contact 12.8 billion people or 25.6 billion people if you like. Thats exactly every man woman and child on the planet twice or thrice or 4 times even, as there are only like 6 and a half billion people on this Earth. So it's a waste of alot of emails.

dreamin
28-03-2011, 12:37 PM
Worth a crack, however 100000 people would have to send it to 200 people each for it to get to 20 000 000. (20 x 100 000 = 2 000 000)

TheRealAndy
28-03-2011, 12:42 PM
I get this email every few months.

Cheech
28-03-2011, 12:43 PM
Nice thought. But unfortunately I think it is just another chain mail. I cannot see that a Coca Cola executive would not have at least a rough idea of the population. It actually sounds like it is written by an Australian, not an American. Are BP really the ones that are pushing up the prices? I would want to see a bit of evidence before trying to discredit and financially pressure a company. One of the problems with the boat is finding stations that still have unleaded without ethanol, so I take whichever ones I can find.

fishing111
28-03-2011, 12:57 PM
Well i'm onboard as i don't touch bP.

Marlin_Mike
28-03-2011, 01:06 PM
Wouldn't hurt their servos anwyay. They are all inbred and supply each other's stations as needed. If one ahd trouble at their refinery and was short, they just get Shell or another to supply them. Kinda defeats the purpose trying to boycott one if you ask me.

Mike

bustaonenut
28-03-2011, 02:48 PM
even if it did work and BP dropped there price by a few cents per litre, everyone would start buying it again

marto78
28-03-2011, 03:01 PM
I'm already boycotting BP as of last week when I pulled in the signs said $1.469/L for unleaded when it was actually $1.559 at the pump. By the time I realised I already had half a tank full and when I hit the attendant up about the false advertising I was told they hadn't had time to change the signs and too bad. I drove past again about 5 hrs later and the signs still said the same thing so they can stick their fuel up their a$$ I'll be going else where.

Chimo
28-03-2011, 03:40 PM
I just filled the 4WD up with diesel, and it wasn't at BP.

Let the games begin!

C
C

murf
28-03-2011, 05:25 PM
home made Bio Diesel 35c/lt :) drive straight past BP ;D

oh hang on I get my boat fuel from BP :( but its only 8/12lts/ trip :)

cheers Murf

DAVE_S
28-03-2011, 06:05 PM
All governments buy there fuel from Bp so they do not care as Bp probably give it to them at a cheaper rate . At the end of the day do you think they care even if it is dearer as its only the tax payers money .>:(

Rodpal
28-03-2011, 06:38 PM
i haven't bought diesel at a bp servo's since 01 or 02 for that same reasons. however i have filled up our petrol car and tinnie a couple of times over the years because of bad planning but force of habit makes me stay away if i can, i can see merit to your thinking but man boycotting a big company like bp is a big move and who would/ could coordinate such a move, like they say once bp drops their price everyone buys again or if we boycott for 1 year they would either listen or shut up shop and not supply oz. i agree we should be paying far less at the bowzer considering oil v $ price but man... shouldn't we be campaigning our watch dog, no point in a watchdog if you have to bark for him, i would like to be involved in doing something but something constructive that works, you never know what could happen to a market once you eliminate a competitor.. i'm not talking about a partition.. action would be good but what

anyway best be coolin it before i get winded up .. the other wine that is lol

best regards rod

"dance like no one can see you"

yakka
28-03-2011, 07:11 PM
have just googled Phillip Hollsworth, and it seems he has many personas, may be fictitious, and maybe a rival. I work in a gov position and we have to use caltex exclusively unless unavailable
I have a VW and cannot use biodiesel for a reason the beer I'm drinking will not let me recall as it wrecks something in my engine.
But something is surely going on when you see the Libyans paying 12c a litre.

regards
chris

rowanda
28-03-2011, 08:14 PM
why not have a look at what Coles and Woolworths are doing to the market...yes all seems nice and cheap at the moment but they are driving out the little independants which keep the competition there, just like with liquor stores etc.
Good now, but the future won't look very bright when they are the only ones around!

Rodpal
28-03-2011, 09:16 PM
why not have a look at what Coles and Woolworths are doing to the market...yes all seems nice and cheap at the moment but they are driving out the little independants which keep the competition there, just like with liquor stores etc.
Good now, but the future won't look very bright when they are the only ones around!

i agree, i agree, man try buying an aussi made wallet, half the size and twice the price if you can find one, its all based on growth and the big australia because that is how our economy is geared so what do we do..

cheers rod

Angla
28-03-2011, 11:34 PM
Litre....

20x20 = 400
400x20 = 8,000
8,000x20 = 160,000
160,000x20 = 3,200,000

Cheers
Chimo

You invited me

I did the math and found that 64,000,000 x 20 = 1,280,000,000 Or 1.28 billion

I don't like BP just as a side note, but your math is still wrongif you just slip in an extra "0"

Cheers
Chris

Chimo
29-03-2011, 06:57 AM
Hi Chris

A real team player would be a pal and just move the decimal point:P

At the the end of the day this isn't about the maths, the issue is to stop buying from BP and see what we can all achieve in the way of fuel price moderation.

Thanks for your input though; you don't work for some govt somewhere do you?;D

C
C

novice23
29-03-2011, 09:44 AM
If he is associated or affiliated with a petrol chain other than BP; he could get in massive sh!t for this. Anti-competitive behaviour isn't smiled upon by regulators... but in saying that they have let woolworths and coles get away with it for years.

Marlin_Mike
29-03-2011, 09:53 AM
i still have the opinion that if people boycott BP, and use others, then the others will soon enough run low and order in from other refineries....... most likely BP............ so IMHO only, I doubt BP are shaking in their undies over the threat to boycott them.

Mike

fishing111
29-03-2011, 10:30 AM
May be true MM, but if people don't buy there juice from brand X, BP in this case, then they also don't buy there milk,cig's,drinks etc etc also, and that is a big revenue turner.

Chimo
29-03-2011, 12:03 PM
Mike

You have to start somewhere, ie have a go.

Is there and alternative to this idea which after all is very simple and easy to try. It just needs the "communications tree" to be applied

C
C

rowanda
29-03-2011, 09:44 PM
that emails been around for ages....won't make any difference

mangomick
29-03-2011, 10:12 PM
I got the same email this week but mine said boycott Caltex.
Damn, those blokes at BP are sneaky .

Angla
29-03-2011, 11:15 PM
Hi Chris

A real team player would be a pal and just move the decimal point:P

At the the end of the day this isn't about the maths, the issue is to stop buying from BP and see what we can all achieve in the way of fuel price moderation.

Thanks for your input though; you don't work for some govt somewhere do you?;D

C
C

I just hate to see shonks who play things up. 1.2 to 12 billion is a big stretch but I can see now that it was just a honest mistake. BTW I have 3 BP Fuel cards and have just replaced them with 7.11 fuel cards due to the more than 10 cent difference constantly between the two traders ( read 7,11 and BP Ripoff )

You could go back and edit your post so as to stop stretching the results (governments stretch stuff like that. You don't work for some govt. somewhere do you?):o

Cheers
Chris

fisho64
30-03-2011, 01:36 AM

bloody dead right. Look at it, the supermarkets entered the market at around the turn of the millenium.
Fuel was $1 and a 4c discount was 4%.
When its $2 and the independants are gone it will be 2% and so on.>:(

marty666
30-03-2011, 02:01 AM
the funny thing is our fuel price is set up by singpoor so the us oil price has nothing to do with what we pay at the pump. 2nd the goverment has a hugh percentage of tax on fuel i belive 47% correct me if i am wrong on the exact figure and 3rd depending on what type of outlet you are buying your fuel if it is a franchise than the owner is not making very much money on the fuel maybe 4c to the litre if they are luck due to the price they are charged for the fuel in the first place.

With the tax gone and an australian based fuel pricing push our petrol / diesel price is going to drop other wise it will only go up

Lovey80
30-03-2011, 04:43 AM
even if it did work and BP dropped there price by a few cents per litre, everyone would start buying it again

BINGO, who ever wrote this needs to read economics 101. It is a complete waste of time. If the whole Australian population were to get militant on this, at most you would remove BP from the Australian map. Not one cent would change at the pump. What will happen is that Mobil, Shell and Caltex will be able to raise their prices for the short period we stay strict on this and profit gouge..... Once BP drops the price for a short period we all go back to them defeating the purpose in the first place.

The specific demand for fuel has not changed in this scenario. The same amount of oil coming from Singapore....... Just the profit margins of the retailers is distorted for a short term.

This is the only one at present that can have a slight bearing on prices now and in the future. Having the small independent retailers around to keep the big guys on their toes is very important.

Short of an unlikely discovery of easy to access and cheap to recover/refine oil in Australia the prices are out of our control (taxes aside) short of much more efficient use of it.

deckie
30-03-2011, 05:57 AM
the funny thing is our fuel price is set up by singpoor so the us oil price has nothing to do with what we pay at the pump. 2nd the goverment has a hugh percentage of tax on fuel i belive 47% correct me if i am wrong on the exact figure and 3rd depending on what type of outlet you are buying your fuel if it is a franchise than the owner is not making very much money on the fuel maybe 4c to the litre if they are luck due to the price they are charged for the fuel in the first place.

With the tax gone and an australian based fuel pricing push our petrol / diesel price is going to drop other wise it will only go up
Depends on your starting point for taxation. The exact taxation on a barrel of oil we would produce from a Bass Strait field totalled 82% thru all the different levels..thats total from offshore oil in place to your tank in this country. Much has been simplified and i imagine its a little less these days.
Most trying to guess how much revenue this country has gleaned from the Bass Strait fields alone over the yrs would need to multiply it by 100 to even come close. Thats from just one "supergiant" field (Kingfish) plus a multitude of giants like Halibut/Fortescue etc...a mere pittance compared to a small arab nation where one field can be triple the entire oil in place reserves in this country. Little wonder the government was so keen to tax and still is...making it almost totally impractical to explore at times. These days with the price of a barrel u could even argue for higher taxation.

Dreaming if you think bypassing a single producer's bowser will do anything. You would think the Gulf of Mexico blowout and subsequent cleanup would damage their brand considerably in the states....bowsers are just a retail arm of their core business. Its as much brand marketing as anything else, and you not buying BP fuel at a BP station isnt a calamity for them.