PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know barracuda trailers?

aspherious
27-03-2011, 07:30 PM
hi guys
just wondering if anyone has had or knows someone with a barracuda boat trailer. these guys are based down the goldie and appear to make an extremely good trailer at the right price. im particularly looking at their 6m.

http://www.barracudaboats.com.au/

any feed back will be extremely appreciated, im not locked into anything yet so if you can suggest another brand to suit a 5.4m trailcraft sports cab 650kg's hull weight only, would prefer a tandem axel.

FishHunter
27-03-2011, 07:58 PM
do a search this has been discussed ad infinitum

aspherious
27-03-2011, 08:27 PM
do a search this has been discussed ad infinitum
Hi FishHunter
thanks for the the reply, i had already searched barracuda trailers and was unable to find the answers to my questions

thylacene
28-03-2011, 06:33 PM
Just had a look at the website, personally I am not that keen on steel guards, just something else that can scratch the hull if you are drive on loading in a strong crosswind. Plastic guards don't mark hulls anywhere near as bad. I would recommend Easytow, but my experience is limited to SeaLink, Dunbier and Easytow, found the Easytow easiest to drive on and better set up than the other two in terms of idiot proofing (covers on roller bcross bars, skids to keel rollers etc).

Try and find someone who has one and have a look for yourself when they load/unload.

I am a rank amateur when it comes to boating, with only a couple of years experience (about 300 engine hours), and if I can manage it then it must be simple.

Cheers

Thy

mitchdemeanor
28-03-2011, 06:46 PM
Well I went ahead and got one but only put the boat on it saturday so very early days and too early to tell how good it's going to be over time. However it looks good and the build is solid so I would say I'm very happy with my purchase ;D

captain rednut
28-03-2011, 07:30 PM
i own one its in my picture, i didnt like the bolt on draw bar so i cut it out and welded one in, and the rest seems ok.
cheers cr

White Pointer
28-03-2011, 07:59 PM
G'day,

A marine plate alloy boat deserves to ride on a marine plate alloy trailer.

You all know I have a vested interest in this, don't you?

http://www.originboats.com.au/trailers.html

Regards,

White Pointer

aspherious
28-03-2011, 08:04 PM
hi guys thanks for your feed back, i am going over to have a closer look later this week, your feed back makes me a little more confident with these trailers. i did have my concerns as to hw good they were with regards to the huge price difference compared to other brands.

from reading general trailer chat any gal trailer will feel the effects of salt water and the environment if not looked after and maintained regularly. i will probably ditch the manual winch though.

aspherious
28-03-2011, 08:14 PM
Just had a look at the website, personally I am not that keen on steel guards, just something else that can scratch the hull if you are drive on loading in a strong crosswind. Plastic guards don't mark hulls anywhere near as bad. I would recommend Easytow, but my experience is limited to SeaLink, Dunbier and Easytow, found the Easytow easiest to drive on and better set up than the other two in terms of idiot proofing (covers on roller bcross bars, skids to keel rollers etc).

Try and find someone who has one and have a look for yourself when they load/unload.

I am a rank amateur when it comes to boating, with only a couple of years experience (about 300 engine hours), and if I can manage it then it must be simple.

Cheers

Thy
just checked out the easytow website, these look like beautiful trailers, will be enquiring on one of these, thanks for the lead mate