PDA

View Full Version : Lamont overnight

mangomick
26-03-2011, 02:01 PM
Headed out Thursday morning for an overnighter to Lamont. beautiful conditions. Had a hit up at RCS on the way through. A lot of boats moving around and pretty quiet. had a drop at 2 and 6 penny shoals and still ptretty quiet with just a few Tuskies. Headed on to lamont and things pretty quiet and chat on the radio pretty much saying the same until just before dark.
Picked up a small trout and the odd tuskie and hussar and as soon as night fell we staerted to pick up the odd red throat a nice fingermark bream and the biggesr stripey I've ever seen and our bag limit on hussar. By about 0930 everthing went pretty quiet except for the odd hussar.
By two oclock the odd flash of lightning and rumble of thunder north of heron started to show. By 4 am the sky broke open and the lighning and thunder was just above us. By 6 am it had gone but by 7.30 the skies opened up again. This time for real.havent seen rain like that gor a long time.Even with a full length canopy the bige pump was continually starting to get rid of the water.It must have stirred up a few cobia as next thing the boat was surrounded by them and they were pretty hungry.
The trout that we went out to chase were pretty scarse but we still ended up with a good feed.

four_button_arnie
26-03-2011, 04:31 PM
Hey Mick, nice report mate, I'm vert keen to hit Lamont, allright for an over night anchorage obviously?

Good haul dam rain won't give us a break hey!

Josh

vertico
26-03-2011, 07:04 PM
some bloody nice lippers and trout there mate welldone
sean

Spot82
26-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Cracker RTE, pound for pound on lighter gear in the shallow water they are one of the hardest fighting reefies around! I have a ball catching them in the shallows at night.

Thanks for the report and pics!

Anthony

Lucky_Phill
26-03-2011, 08:02 PM
As above.

Love those RTE, go hard and good on the chew,

Cheers Phill

jtpython
26-03-2011, 09:44 PM
Goodo you Mick can't complain about getting a little wet. Wednesday night was a bit sloppy fo rus but like you said was quite on the radio on the fish front around.
JT

XtremeBoony
27-03-2011, 10:07 AM
thanks for the report and pics mate. Nice lookin feed there, well done.

cheers from boony

mangomick
27-03-2011, 02:29 PM
Cheers fellers.
I dont know if anyone else in Gladstone has had fuel problems lately but had to change fuel filter before I got out of the harbour and had to change it again just after leaving Lamont to come home.

four_button_arnie
27-03-2011, 02:42 PM
Where do you fill up mick, the NEW BP on the way to the ramp?? I think i may have had some the other night, stalled at low revs going into reverse, rang Yamaha and they said shitty fuel and to run some injector cleaner through

EDIT: I take it you have a big external with a bowl underneath as well, racor or somthing?

Josh

mangomick
28-03-2011, 10:51 AM
No Josh. Standard screw on OMC placed in a pain in the arse spot behind one of the battery cases with all the electrical and steering cables in the way. I fitted a CAV with bowl but took it off again after reading conflicting reports.
Usually I get my fuel from Big Dub down in the valley but called into Coles in Toolooa St and filled up Wednesday night. Thinking back there was a cordoned off area around the pumps at the Coles servo last week.
Once I spat the fuel out near lamont it never played up again. just as well as it got pretty messy coming home.
racor is the plan but with duel batteries and oil tank it's hard to find room to position it so it doesnt become a pain to service.
Boats always tarped and vents not exposed to weather