PDA

View Full Version : Photo for Sth Passage Bar users-24/03/11

Midnight
25-03-2011, 01:46 PM
Gday,

Photo of the bar from yesterday about 1pm.

It only low res. so that it fits on here but shows the channels well.

Cheers,
Myles

SUPERDAFF
25-03-2011, 11:46 PM
Gday,

Photo of the bar from yesterday about 1pm.

It only low res. so that it fits on here but shows the channels well.

Cheers,
Myles

Many thanks Midnight - hope your parachute opened !

Jarrah Jack
26-03-2011, 09:48 AM
Just out of interest but which one is the fishermans gutter which Finding Time mentioned he takes when the swell gets up?

Midnight
26-03-2011, 02:23 PM
Gday Jack,
This bar is the South Passage Bar, between Moreton and North Stradbroke Islands.

Finding Time and I were talking about Wide Bay Bar at the bottom of Fraser Island. The Fishermans Gutter runs in along the beach at Inskip Point and through the bar that way.

Superdaff, no need for the parachute that day8-)

Cheers,
Myles

Jarrah Jack
26-03-2011, 03:20 PM
Thanks Myles..........Most bars are the same to me it seems. Luckily we don't have many down here.

Cheers Jack

kitty_cat
26-03-2011, 03:38 PM
looks like amity channel is all but gone in this pic crossed it a few weeks ago and was very shallow now i can see why

Horse
26-03-2011, 06:33 PM
There looks like a bit of a dogleg at the end of the Northern channel. The middle channel looks the best from the pic. I touched bottom last time I ran the Amity so its pretty shallow

Ratman
26-03-2011, 06:45 PM
You should keep ya hands to yourself next time Horse. :)

sandbankmagnet
26-03-2011, 09:30 PM
Maybe he did Ratman :)

Lancair
27-03-2011, 08:34 AM
Awesome pic for those who use that bar frequently. Im going to try to get some aerial pics of bars in Northern NSW in the next week if I get the work that will allow me to take the pics. I should have thought about it last week when the water was clear, Ballina bar and Evans Head bar, sand banks were clearly visible. Hopefully I can at least get thses 2 bar pics, I'll also try to get Bruns and Tweed if I get up that way.

Lancair

SUPERDAFF
27-03-2011, 09:13 AM
Awesome pic for those who use that bar frequently. Im going to try to get some aerial pics of bars in Northern NSW in the next week if I get the work that will allow me to take the pics. I should have thought about it last week when the water was clear, Ballina bar and Evans Head bar, sand banks were clearly visible. Hopefully I can at least get thses 2 bar pics, I'll also try to get Bruns and Tweed if I get up that way.

Lancair

Very kind of you - would love the see the results

SUPERDAFF

Lancair
04-04-2011, 06:55 PM
So far Ive only manged to get some pics of the Ballina bar on a runout tide, so the sand bars arent visible, esp after the rain we've had. It might be a while before I get anything worth posting.

Lancair