PDA

View Full Version : 2 spanish nnsw

carnster
21-03-2011, 05:27 PM
Went for a late morn paddle with my buddy fordo. We have both taken 4 weeks long service leave and plan on doin a bit of yak fishing (me) and spearing (him). Paddled out at a lazy 10am had to drop off kids first. Fished till 1pm with a bit of southerly breeze. I got bitten off twice prob spotties and lost a bonito at the yak whilst preparing a livie rig for him. Had a few kings follow me and got a feed from some reefies. The water was clean and the launch easy. I wonder how the early morning fish would have been cause my mate saw plenty of spanos and shot two 1.1m and 1.16m. He also shot a 15kg estimated kingy but it got sharked. At one stage he saw a school of 30 spanish all that size. I only had one hit on the pillie but they were down deep and the 2 he shot had really full stomachs. I took a heap of trevally frames from last nights spinning, out with me and dumped them at our mark. That was where the fish were. Saw plenty of fleeing gar fish and schools of flying fish soaring to escape something. They are definitely there in numbers but getting them to bite may prove to be difficult. Deep slow trolled livies def seems worth a try. Check out the three grinning smiles in the first pic.

seanwinter
23-03-2011, 05:04 PM
Nice work Chris and Rob it is great fun shooting those spanish especially when they refuse to bite!!!

deepfried
27-03-2011, 06:22 PM
Your mate isnt scared of the noahs at all is he Chris. Nice barries. Have you headed down this way lately ?

carnster
27-03-2011, 07:36 PM
Na Scott he has a shark shield. I have lost 2 good spanish since then one i reckon 15kg; had my hand on his tail twice but he dam near tipped me off my yak when he took off. Have not been south yet but definitely keen. How about you.