PDA

View Full Version : Hutchies wahoooooooooo

Clint06
21-03-2011, 01:04 PM
Trolled hutchies for a couple of hours Saturday morning for 5 wahoo and 1 yellowfin tuna. Dropped a few wahoo and a small rainbow runner next to the boat. All fish caught on red/white halcos, they wouldnt touch skirts or any other colour lure

thelump
21-03-2011, 01:23 PM
Well done mate. What speed were you travelling?

B-MACK
21-03-2011, 01:25 PM
It's great when trolling at Hutchies works out! I love how fast the real screams when your high speed trolling and a wahoo strikes! Nice work!

What time of the morning were you out? And what speed were you towing your lures?

Clint06
21-03-2011, 02:06 PM
Was out there on daylight but they bit consistently all morning. Didn't go much longer than 1/2hr without a hit. For some reason they only hit when i trolled at around 10km/h or slower. Every other boat that was trolling was trolling fast but i didn't see them hooking up as much as us.

spenceandkim
21-03-2011, 03:50 PM
You cleaned up Clint06!!!!! One thing I have noticed with trolling for Spaniards on the Gold Coast was that I only hooked up when trolling in a northerly direction, have you found anything similar or were you trolling in different directions? Thanks from Speniard.

P.S. Halco Laser Pro's ROCK!!!!

tropicrows
21-03-2011, 03:52 PM
Nice work, and a good feed.

Midnight
22-03-2011, 09:32 AM
Well done Clint.

I have caught more Wahoo on the trusty Red/White Laserpro crazy deep than any other lure. One day it accounted for 7 fish.

I only ever troll at 6.5-7kts, slower when it is rough.

Nothin like a good session on the Wahoo at Hutchies, good fun and a good feed to boot!

Cheers,
Myles

TimiBoy
22-03-2011, 10:13 AM
Lovin' it, ya bastard!

Cheers,

tim

reefer
22-03-2011, 06:10 PM
Was out there on daylight but they bit consistently all morning. Didn't go much longer than 1/2hr without a hit. For some reason they only hit when i trolled at around 10km/h or slower. Every other boat that was trolling was trolling fast but i didn't see them hooking up as much as us.

no expert but 4 to 5 knots and the rod tip shakes really well showing the action of the lure, any faster and it seems to stifle the action of the lure.