PDA

View Full Version : quick trip 1770

tenzing
20-03-2011, 09:04 PM
Drove up to 1770 with my usual fishing partner, Tim, after work on thursday after a very kind invitation to stay and fish with some friends.
We were treated to two of the most fantastic days on the water and got into a few fish and enjoyed some great company.
Although we were , as usual, comprehensively outfished by our hosts we stuck to our guns and tried our best to fish without bait as much as possible. While Tims first red emperor was taken on a livie , most of the others were taken on plastic. We also managed to jig up a trout on an 80g metal jig, and pick up a shark on a plastic.
We decided to tow a couple of halcos around after fishing for red throat in some very shallow water out wide, the bait was getting busted up all around. we managed 3 spaniards in about 25 minutes.
You might notice the difficult conditions in the photos.we were able to cover the 50k plus to our spot in about an hour.Strangely we had the most amazing storm last night with a squall that must have been around 100kph! we were very glad to be on dry land.
Tim and I were very grateful to again be invited on the trip and hope to score a guernsey at some time in the future.
Cheers
Brendan

jtpython
20-03-2011, 09:41 PM
Great pics and report Storms are buggars at this time of year and can get very nasty real quick . So top fish there mate
JT

fishandchips
21-03-2011, 07:24 AM
good fish mate, its a great spot 1770. luke

thelump
21-03-2011, 09:17 AM
Great fish there mate

XtremeBoony
21-03-2011, 10:09 AM
excellent report there mate and a good mixture of fish to top it off. Definately a small piece of paradise that 1770 area.

cheers from boony

Dame00
21-03-2011, 03:57 PM
cheers for the report beautiful weather you guys had catching a few fish is a bonus

Tim Hutchison
21-03-2011, 06:45 PM
Thanks Brendan had a great trip a few first for me, now just got to get a red on plastic or jig and sorry about the anchor, in the photo you can see the anchor floating past after my braid cut it

jeffrey_h
21-03-2011, 08:53 PM
Great catch, hope to be there mid year for a few weeks.

Jeffrey

littlemac
21-03-2011, 09:02 PM
great work

cheers

brett

tenzing
21-03-2011, 10:02 PM
Thanks Brendan had a great trip a few first for me, now just got to get a red on plastic or jig and sorry about the anchor, in the photo you can see the anchor floating past after my braid cut it

Oh Yeah,
I conveniently forgot to mention that we lost TWO reef picks in two drops.
One just cut off (yes the splice was OK) and the other sliced by the braid!
There was also a rather novel attempt to use the outboard as a two stroke anchor winch. ( a certain ausfish regular was seen photographing the incident
while he was wiping the tears of laughter from his eyes).

Silver linings though. We resorted to the para anchor and managed a few more fish that way , as well as having a productive troll

finding_time
22-03-2011, 06:43 PM
. ( a certain ausfish regular was seen photographing the incident
while he was wiping the tears of laughter from his eyes).

What sort of lousy bastard would do something like that??::)

You didn't miss much Sunday, although we had plenty of hook up's on the light gear , we didn't land many due to a bad shark problem, if we increased the gear to the heavier stuff the finicky fish and the racing southerly current meant we didn't get the bites. a real catch 22! We did manage a few Sweeties and Nannigai plus Spanish but not the target species! The most excitement of the day was a tangle around the prop with resulted in a small jellfish sting on my right foot whilst i was over the back untangling the braid, for 10 minutes i didn't think anything of it but then the pain started!!!!!!!:'( From my groin to my right knee felt like it was cramping but it was just getting worse and worse, i started to get very nauseous and my heart definately start to race abit, all in all not good 30 km's offshore!! I initally put it down to a bad reaction to Blue Bottles sting ( i have quiet a history) but after doing some research i have no doubt that it was a small hit from a Irukandji, the symptoms are a perfect fit and i'm very lucky it was only a small sting ( 2 inches long)

Ian

Ps. M.H has done well the last 2 days with good reds, and a huge 15 kg Nanni!

tenzing
22-03-2011, 09:48 PM
Ian , sorry to hear about the stinger , that sounds really nasty.
I actually wager that we saw a couple of stingers matching that description on saturday.
I also spoke to Leo this morning and they did not fish saturday due to the forecast, and had a trip home plagued by sleep deprivation and two trailer tyre problems.
Glad to hear that M is doing well. Sounds like situation normal for him.
Thanks for the reply Mate
Brendan