PDA

View Full Version : Read this if you go fishing on Seqwater owned dams

Mike Delisser
19-03-2011, 11:37 PM
Seqwater have an online survey going atm and the results will go a long way in determining the future access rights and facilities we have at our dams. Later this year their master recreation plan will come out telling us who can use which dams, what you can do there and what it will cost us. If you want to hang on to what we got, and if you would rather they spent money on better ramps, car & trailer parking, and camp grounds, than spending it on playground equipment, bush walking trails and nicely landscaped gardens you should take 2 mins and fill it out. It closes in a couple of weeks so please spread the word, the more fishermen that fill this in the better if we don't want our fishing spots to be taken over by skiers and the look but don't touch greeny brigade.

Here's the link. http://www.seqwater.com.au/public/recreation/recreation-master-planning-survey

rayken1938
20-03-2011, 07:03 AM
Thanks I have sent a copy to all my mates.
Cheers
Ray

NAGG
20-03-2011, 07:40 AM
Thanks for the link Mike - ..... all done

Chris

Shawn 66
20-03-2011, 08:46 AM
Seqwater have an online survey going atm and the results will go a long way in determining the future access rights and facilities we have at our dams. Later this year their master recreation plan will come out telling us who can use which dams, what you can do there and what it will cost us. If you want to hang on to what we got, and if you would rather they spent money on better ramps, car & trailer parking, and camp grounds, than spending it on playground equment, bush walking trails and nicely landscaped gardens you should take 2 mins and fill it out. It closes in a couple of weeks so please spread the word, the more fishermen that fill this in the better if we don't want our fishing spots to be taken over by skiers and the look but don't touch greeny brigade.

Here's the link. http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/seqwater_recreationmasterplan
Mike,
What is the go with only listing certain dams on the survey.
Shawn:-? :-? :-? :-?

robersl
20-03-2011, 10:11 AM
done the survey

Mike Delisser
20-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Mike,
What is the go with only listing certain dams on the survey.
Shawn:-? :-? :-? :-?

It's only an SEQWater thing and they don't control all the dams. And I think it said something like Somerset & Wivenhoe were being assessed separately, perhaps by interveiws at the actual dams, I'm not sure.

jayvee
20-03-2011, 08:14 PM
all done !!

Jason

Si
20-03-2011, 08:49 PM
thanks, i will do the survey.

with the exorbant amount of money these water companies charge to have water services available at our homes and buisnesses then it would be nice for them to reach into the coffers and spend a bit of money on better infrastructure and give abit back to the community.

The Cowboy
21-03-2011, 03:36 PM
Thanks Mike,

I've filled it out and passed it on, the biggest concern I have is restricted hours.

Cheers

Chris

Mike Delisser
21-03-2011, 05:35 PM
Yeh I agree Chris, it's daylight from 4am till after 7pm in the middle of summer

Bad_Bazza
22-03-2011, 09:25 AM
Hi Mike,
I have completed the survey and would love to think that SEQW has a genuine interest in the access issues but it appears they have already made their decisions (Moogerah is a case in point already shut down).
This is so typical of a Govt Dept ask for interest after the decisions have already been made
I know they like to think of themselves as being "privatised" but they are still owned by the State & Local Goverment.

PS What happened with the "early entry" issue at Somerset?

Bad_Bazza

Andrew M
22-03-2011, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the link Mike, survey done & dusted.
I have a few issues with the way things are run at the moment.
I can understand them charging a boating fee, but I feel that the one fee should cover all their dams. Also the boomgates that are appearing are a pain in the proverbial. If they must be implemented, then maybe they could look at issuing a swipe card with your boating permit that would allow access at times more suited to the fisherman.

Cheers Andrew

Mike Delisser
22-03-2011, 04:22 PM
Hi Mike,

PS What happened with the "early entry" issue at Somerset?

Bad_Bazza

The Seqwater guy in charge of rec activities new nothing of it, he said the dam (like all their dams) was only open from 6 to 6 but we are still supose to have free access at Kirkleagh in those times. he said he will be speaking to the parl managers.

Cheers
MD

Feral
23-03-2011, 07:56 PM
Cheers for posting the link Mike. Good to get as many participants as possible.

PaulMark
26-03-2011, 12:50 PM
All done Mike.Restricted hours main stumbling block.Some cases parking.
Paulo

Haji-Baba
26-03-2011, 02:43 PM
Done mine too.

But I think the old "user pays" factor will be implemented to most of our water storage areas, Dams, Weirs, and Water Reserves.

Have Fun while you can Haji-Baba

winfurn
28-03-2011, 08:47 PM
all done thanks mike

Chaz
29-03-2011, 06:36 AM
I made the point about access pre-dawn and just on last light. I also suggested PIN activated gates for those who want out-of-hours access. Get the PIN online the day before and record who accesses the dam as a way of keeping vandalism under control.

Also suggested marked areas for the skiwits to use and 10 knot limit areas in dams.

I do hope the survey is not just a PR exercise.

Chaz

MICHAELG
01-04-2011, 11:31 AM
Thanks Mike

All done

michael

coola
05-04-2011, 10:21 PM
Seqwater have an online survey going atm and the results will go a long way in determining the future access rights and facilities we have at our dams. Later this year their master recreation plan will come out telling us who can use which dams, what you can do there and what it will cost us. If you want to hang on to what we got, and if you would rather they spent money on better ramps, car & trailer parking, and camp grounds, than spending it on playground equipment, bush walking trails and nicely landscaped gardens you should take 2 mins and fill it out. It closes in a couple of weeks so please spread the word, the more fishermen that fill this in the better if we don't want our fishing spots to be taken over by skiers and the look but don't touch greeny brigade.

Here's the link. http://www.seqwater.com.au/public/recreation/recreation-master-planning-survey

done coola

darylive
05-04-2011, 10:36 PM
Done and distributed Mike, thanks. Swipe card with SIP what a bloody great idea!!!