PDA

View Full Version : Wahoo x 2

Bull
19-03-2011, 04:43 PM
Hi guys,
I went for a run out to hutchies with a mate chris and my young fella and had a troll and picked up these 2. They both hit the laser pros at the same time. It sure was good fun. Sorry about the photo quality.

Good_as_Gold
19-03-2011, 06:54 PM
Great fish there I have been in the books for the day and my mate also sent through some pics of some big Hoo he even went to the bother of calling me while he was hooked up so I could hear the reel Screaming.
I hope you had Plenty of Ice on those fish.
The best I did was cook up some spotties for tea from the freezer

Bull
19-03-2011, 09:09 PM
good as gold
yea mate bled them and then strait into an ice slurry

spenceandkim
20-03-2011, 06:56 AM
Nice catch Bull 1, what are Wahoo like for chewing? How do they compare with other fish? Form what I hear they put up a pretty good fight, well done!!!!

JACE...
20-03-2011, 08:48 AM
Good to see.
Double hookups two reels screaming is better than one.
The revamped vessel is doing its job, Raising fish and getting Bloodied up.
Top stuff

Jace

Bull
20-03-2011, 12:26 PM
Nice catch Bull 1, what are Wahoo like for chewing? How do they compare with other fish? Form what I hear they put up a pretty good fight, well done!!!!

Wahoo are great on the chew I think like most pelagics bleed them straight away and get them into the esky on ice. Im going through a beer batter stage at the moment so every thing I catch is getting beer battered.

They are fantastic to catch like Jace said 2 reels screaming at once sure gets the blood pumping. It gets a little hectic trying to get the other lures in and land fish at the same time but the end result is sure worth it!

Bull

littlemac
20-03-2011, 07:50 PM
nice hoo's mate

well done

cheers

brett

fish50
20-03-2011, 08:17 PM
Good stuff, re ice my esky doesn't fit anything bigger than spotties so i take the esky with ice and my surfboard cover rolled up just in case i catch something bigger, its insulated and is 6 ft long, bleed your fish throw it in with a bag of ice and your sorted, mine doesn't leak and keeps ice for longer than you would think, only problem is your surfboard smells like fish guts which isn't the best thing.
Anyways great fish there.