PDA

View Full Version : Cressbrook dam

dodgyboy90
14-03-2011, 08:32 PM
hi never fished or camped at cressbrook and was wondering if anyone knew how the fishing is there and if the camping is ok now and any other useful information that you have would be good8-)

winfurn
17-03-2011, 10:21 PM
hey mate the dam just reopened last friday due to roads. have not been out there for a bit serface lures may be all right morn & arvo, jackels and vibes camping ok should be nice and green
good luck
chris

dodgyboy90
18-03-2011, 05:46 AM
thanks heaps for that mate yeah i am currently considering a small tinnie (but wont be any good for this trip...) as a few mates have said on the boat is best but surely there be something around the edges

Brad Clark
19-03-2011, 07:00 AM
Mate there should be some bass around the edges,depending how the newly flooded grass is going with rotting off. My suggestion would be shallow diving suspended minnow, cast out as far as you can and retrieve with rip and pauses. You could also try a 1/4 oz plastic rigged jighead with a bettle spin. Good luck. Would be keen to hear how you go.

darylive
19-03-2011, 07:23 AM
looking forward to the report dodge

dodgyboy90
19-03-2011, 02:43 PM
ok so i went down to my local shop FISH AND BITS and i was told they are biting quite well at the moment on silver fox soft plastic with a 1/4 2/0 jighead
we were supposed to be camping tonight to have an early start but im thinking with this weather at the moment we will set off early tomorrow morning and will let you know what happens tomorrow...

hard
20-03-2011, 08:40 AM
Go with a Barrabass rod in hand.
Cheers Hard

dodgyboy90
20-03-2011, 05:34 PM
ok have returned rather wet though... caught a few good redclaw and we will be indulging in those tonight with some nice steak...
fishing well lets just say we threw everything at them and they didnt respond we were only on land there were a few boats around and they were doing no good at all either so not a good day apart from the reddies

winfurn
20-03-2011, 08:18 PM
redclaw at cressbrook i herd there were there didnt think much of it how many did you get

dodgyboy90
20-03-2011, 08:26 PM
mate we got 2 bout 9 inch they were great with garlic sauce on a couple scotch eye fillet.... there was a couple droppin a few around the outter edges n pullin in a few... first experience brilliant

fishfeeder
05-04-2011, 04:17 PM
Mate, was there any Gar there, I normally go there for a feed of them, super yummy with garlic butter on the BBQ.

Never tried for redclaw there but might give it ago next time.

Cheers