PDA

View Full Version : Fitting a Portable Fuel Tank

mgb074
13-03-2011, 08:47 PM
OK so I have dumped 90 litres of stale fuel from my underfloor Stacer 525 tank, with 2003 Johnson 90 Hp set up. Thanks to all for the threads on that by the way.
I figure I only do local runs using 5 -8 litres max (if that)each trip so why not fit a portable 15 -20litre tank that I can clip and unclip each trip, rather than have a truckload of fuel going off in the underfloor tank. My question is can I fit the fuel line from the portable tank so that it feeds directly into the fuel filter and on to the motor or is there likley to be a fuel pump I need to find under the floor that I need to feed the portable tank through? Cheers

Horse
13-03-2011, 08:53 PM
You can just feed into your fuel filter or even keep it completly seperate with a small inline filter added. the small tanks don't have the same issues as a large in hull one.
If you leave your main tank empty you will get a lot of condensation build up over a period of time

mgb074
14-03-2011, 05:56 PM
Thanks Horse, so keep the under floor tank half or more full would also aid stability I would think.
Cheers