PDA

View Full Version : shark cat

regency
13-03-2011, 09:01 AM
hello everyone l am new to this my name is angelo nad l have fully restored my shark 18 and half feet long , could any one help me . l want to paint under the boat , and the boat is in my driveway on the tralier l want to lift up the back of the boat while still on the tralier so l can spray under heath any suggestions by the way the motors are on the boat

aaaayy
30-09-2012, 07:47 PM
l havnt been in a cat whats it like are you happy with yours,whats it like in rough seas ta

Noelm
01-10-2012, 08:52 AM
probably be best to take the boat off the trailer, and put it on some stands, if you really want to "jack" it up, get a decent bit of timber that will fit from hull to hull, put a good jack in the centre and lift it up, they are amazingly strong, then repeat to do the front half. OH and to answer aaaavy question, not 100% sure what model he has, but most of them are great in all sorts of conditions.

aaaayy
01-10-2012, 09:01 PM
Hi noelm you seem to know bit bout the shark cats.l will end up getting another boat, cats included problem is never been on one,flat water doesnt count either, 20 + knots waves 1.5 metre to 2 metre will sort out any boat.Polycraft 5.99 was awesome in that weather.That was in melbournes choppy port phillip bay.In melbourne cats rare at boat ramps and there much harder to sell to,why is it because twin set up engines etc,20 sharkcat very hard to find,18 sharkcat theres the sportsman version and cab seems more toward the motors than the other 18 version,whats better ride, handling,etc.l know some mono hulls bang more than other monos deep vee less banging.Boat called camcraft has got 28 degrees on the transom down here around melbourne.Good reports bout its ride handling.On youtube to,What is the not so good side of a cat in the ride handling area.ta

Smithy
02-10-2012, 11:35 AM
Regency, dunno how to help you but for Aaaayy, if he was impressed by a Poly boat, he is going to be blown away by what a cat can do. Cats will love bay chop. They will use the chop to get air in the tunnel and float over the top of them up to a certain size. Punching east into a bit of sea and bit of swell on the east coast cats are at their worst with all the pounding in the tunnel but they are more than likely still going to blow most monos away other than a few deep Vs like original and flops of Formulas and HHs. Some people hate them, most love them and the old saying is once you go cat, you never go back. There is a penalty to be paid in the weight department and towing them they aren't very aerodynamic with a lot of wind drag plus the penalty of feeding and servicing two motors but that is a postive in other people's eyes. The trade offs are the amount of room they have in the cockpit and the ride. Dunno why they aren't more popular down there. Could be just a familiarity thing. Heaps of cats here on the Sunny Coast as Noosacat and Kevlacat are made here but there are not many down south or up north therefore people are skeptical about them. Those that have them love them. Ask Julian down your way. He blows all the Maltese fellas away in his big cat sitting down cruising along when the chips are down while they all smash out in their big glass monos trying to beat everyone else, hurting themselves and their boats in the process.

aaaayy
02-10-2012, 01:20 PM
thanks smithy for your input,not popular in vic the cats, but im gonna have a ride in the rough,l dont mind x2 motors if l get a good ride,

Beatsworkin2
02-10-2012, 03:37 PM
Seen a cam craft in edan recently old mate had twin 300 on the back the thing hooked I also don't understand y everybody down there isn't to fussed with cats have fished port Phillip bay in a 760 patriot full noise everywhere in the shit with a manioc seemed to go well but I thought a cat would have handled just as well

Beatsworkin2
02-10-2012, 03:37 PM
I'm from qld love this place