PDA

View Full Version : Awoonga Help needed

lethal098
11-03-2011, 11:32 AM
Gday guys,

I am chasing some helpful info in regards to fishing for Barra at Awoonga dam, we are heading up there in October for our first attempt at Barra fishing, The first day i have booked a guided Trip With Johnny Mitchell, but we are going to spend a couple more days fishing after that.

I need some help in regards to tackle required to chase these monsters. Rods and reels is all good but more chasing some reccomendations on the Lures, plastics etc and other helpful information so we can be armed for when we fish by ourselves.

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers Lee

gunna
11-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Hollowbellies and slickrigs.

Rockfish
11-03-2011, 01:27 PM
Listen to what ever Johnny Mitchell tells you and remember what works one day in may not work the next. Same for locations

warrior
12-03-2011, 08:05 PM
mate go back thru the threads there is so much to help you including threads from john himself it will put you in good stead for your trip good luck hope you slay them .

warti
12-03-2011, 08:49 PM
I have been told johnny is guiding in the boyne river at the moment. Not sure how true it is.

SeekingBarradise
14-03-2011, 08:29 AM
Hi Warti,

You are correct mate he is guiding in the Boyne River.

Check out the link on SW.

Cheers Lyndon

http://www.sweetwaterfishing.com.au/Forum/index.php/topic,1983.msg6768/topicseen.html#new

NAGG
14-03-2011, 10:41 PM
Hi Lee .... I'm not sure if you'll get the information that you are seeking atm - fishing is "tougher than tough" - in the dam
Below - the wall was red hot up to a few days ago .
as Lyndon pointed out , JM is guiding in the Boyne along with other guides - Maybe there is a clue in that ;)

Chris

lethal098
15-03-2011, 09:05 AM
Thanks Nagg,

I was talking to Johnny the other week and he told me about starting to guide in the boyne, As per my original Post our trip is not until October so hopefully by then it all changes.

Just want to start stocking up on the weapons for the trip thats all. 1 lure every couple of weeks and the Mrs wont notice.

Cheers Lee

poddy mullet
17-03-2011, 09:40 PM
Hollowbellies, Slickrigs, Frogs (Not the boof frogs though! Horny Toads!), Barra Clasic's, RMG Scorpians in 80mm and 120mm Gold Chrome, 4-6kg bait caster rod, tidy bait caster reel, 30lb quality braid such as Bionic, 40/50 lb Jinkai or Schnider clearline leader, a few beers drank over practicing all your knots and being able to tie them in the dark perfectly....... And your nearly ready on the basic gear side of things....

Jurkyjj
18-03-2011, 07:11 AM
Hey Lee,

We are packing the beers aren't we??::)

I will be starting to stock up this weekend......(don't worry, Emily doesn't have my login details) ;D

Can't wait......fish or no fish....will be a great trip!!

Not long now!!!!!

Jason.

Rainbowrunner
21-03-2011, 06:36 AM
hey lee
if its in school holidays i might be up there myself, staying at the dam, let me know closer to the date.

crab man
30-03-2011, 07:23 PM
just ask JM mate , treat the bloke like a bible

lethal098
31-03-2011, 09:27 AM
Hey Peter, yeah no worries mate will keep in touch.

Crab Man, Definately will be like that, have already watched a few of his DVDs and the knowledge he has in awesome. CANT WAIT.

Jason, Yeah mate time to stock up all right, Only 6 months to go!!

Cheers Lee