PDA

View Full Version : Reversing Camera

griz066
10-03-2011, 08:39 PM
I had this fitted in Toowoomba yesterday, it is a Polaris CMV-2. It clips on the sun visor and is only 8mm thick so you don't notice it is there when you flip the visor op it almost goes all the way to the roof.

The colour screen is very clear and crisp image and the 170 degree camera can be rotated up or down to get the best view.

Should make hitching up the boat and camper trailer a hell of a lot easier.

It took the guy 2 hrs to fit.

Camera and Monitor $250.00
+ Fitting, Consumables, GST
Total $477

Very happy camper

Matt76
10-03-2011, 09:00 PM
Looks like a great unit.

Defore
11-03-2011, 08:19 AM
Looks very nice and neat.

I bought a wireless camera and monitor from ebay.
Monitor plugs into cigarette lighter and the camera is connected to a small 12v battery.
I set the camera up on the back bumper of the car when reversing to connect the boat, then put the camera in the boot for later.
When I get home and have to reverse the boat back into it's tight space next to the house I fit the camera to the rear of the boat so I can see as I back the boat down.
It use to take two people to reverse the boat back into position, now I can do it myself. ;D

Ian

manboat
11-03-2011, 08:39 AM
Looks very nice and neat.

I bought a wireless camera and monitor from ebay.
Monitor plugs into cigarette lighter and the camera is connected to a small 12v battery.
I set the camera up on the back bumper of the car when reversing to connect the boat, then put the camera in the boot for later.
When I get home and have to reverse the boat back into it's tight space next to the house I fit the camera to the rear of the boat so I can see as I back the boat down.
It use to take two people to reverse the boat back into position, now I can do it myself. ;D

Ian

Do you get any interference with the wireless model? I am looking at some options and have read lots of negative feedback on the wireless models?

Triple
11-03-2011, 08:39 AM
Just fitted a cheap ($170) chinese ebay 7in gps and wireless reverse camera to a mates cruiser.. you just make the camera removable with quick connector to reverse lights (power for camera) and can chuck on the rear of trailer or light board once towing. that way you have camera on rear of car when hooking up and rear vision when towing. Cheaper option if you also need a gps.

No interference on his..

Little grey men
12-03-2011, 01:28 PM
That looks pretty cool. I had reverse sensors fitted to my car just after I got it. I found a set at JB Hi Fi...took them to an auto sparky who fitted them and off I went.
We visited friends that night and as I reversed out of their driveway my female friend ooohhed and aaaghed that they were soooooo pretty.....What ??? I had a look at them and whenever I put the car in reverse they all flashed on and off with bright pink led lights !!!!
I took the car back the next day and asked him to make them stop doing that terrible thing.