PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer Boats any reviews?

twist
10-03-2011, 07:17 PM
Looking at a Pioneer 220 Bay Sport or the smaller 197 Sportfish. They seem a well made craft with plenty of the goodies I am after but they have as all US boats a more shallow V at the transom. I would love to hear about the 220 Baysport as it seems perfect for a big bay and occasional off shore (Pt Lookout - Hutchies) rig.

I have a plate Cairns Custom Craft Cat 5.2 at the moment which does it all but I rea;;y am after a bit more refinement and its time I went glass!

Opinions?

Hunt-N-Gather
10-03-2011, 10:20 PM
:P :-? Just my thoughts, but have you considered giving money to Charity? It's a lot easier and its tax deductible.
Sorry twist Ive had a big day and my budget calculator doesn't have a "refine" button;D

Good luck however.....I'd lose an arm before i traded something that you said "already does it all" ......for an unknown.
2nd had market represents outstanding value for money at present so giddy up, muster up a few...then pick out whats outstanding in the field...then share your input/findings with us...;)
If you choose carefully, then the only way is up from here
Later mate!
HnG

fishfnq
04-05-2011, 01:14 PM
Looking at a Pioneer 220 Bay Sport or the smaller 197 Sportfish. They seem a well made craft with plenty of the goodies I am after but they have as all US boats a more shallow V at the transom. I would love to hear about the 220 Baysport as it seems perfect for a big bay and occasional off shore (Pt Lookout - Hutchies) rig.

I have a plate Cairns Custom Craft Cat 5.2 at the moment which does it all but I rea;;y am after a bit more refinement and its time I went glass!

Opinions?

Hi, I've been looking into these boats as well and they are a well made, mid tier boat - by USA standards. They would be a class above Seaswirl, Trophy, Cobia, Proline. By OZ standards they would be a high tier boat. The bay sport has a 15 deg deadrise, so I probably wouldn't venture too far off the coast on a choppy day - it is meant for mainly bays as the name suggests. The Sportfish has an 18 deg deadrise, so more capable of handling chop etc. - not quite the 19 or 20 deg as most deep V type hulls, but not far off it. Cheers

FisHard
07-05-2011, 04:54 PM
Hi Twist, a mate of mine recently imported a Sportfish 197- its a great boat! Its running a 140 Suzuki and tops out around 42 mph ( 3 pob no T top) I fished offshore with him and found it to be a very competent ride. The quality of finish and attention to detail would be the equal of anything made here. Personally I couldn't live with the transom setup and lack of serious offshore anchoring facilities, but if YOU can, everything else is pretty damn good.