PDA

View Full Version : Snapper On The Chew

skipalong
08-03-2011, 11:12 PM
Really wouldnt know, but one thing is for certain the government have there heads in there arses once again :o

B-MACK
09-03-2011, 08:46 AM
Nice post mate, some valuable information there!

Take some deep breaths, what ever the reason for the closure, its not going to hurt snapper stocks. And unless your a pro fisher, 6 weeks without snapper,trag and pearlies in the middle of mackerel/ grassy season shouldn't hurt to much. Who knows... you might even enjoy releasing a good fish. :o

nofrills
09-03-2011, 09:26 AM
Hey B mack

skipalong is a pro :-?

B-MACK
09-03-2011, 09:32 AM
Hey B mack

skipalong is a pro :-?
Sorry Skipalong... can understand your frustration then

bluefin59
09-03-2011, 04:55 PM
Learn to live with it guys get over it ... Matt

ddobson
09-03-2011, 07:24 PM
Here here mate as a snapper fisho i sit o my hands for 6 weeks with f all to do (thank god for this crappy weather as i would be going nuts by now) i almost forgot why i fish and everybody reminds me of the damb ban. I have tryed oter species and only came up empty enough to not be able to post but ew ground found and lesson o how to chase tuna fr sweet nothing. We wll all wait and then have our day oh sorry night lol. My plastics are getting hard.

no_worries
10-03-2011, 05:50 PM
Pardon me for being cynical here but some of you seem to think that this is for snapper conservation but i'm afraid i have some bad news .
The whole reason is MONEY,you will have a $90 log book that will have to be filled out and if the fisheries pull you and no record an on the spot fine and unfortunately when the years limit is reached for recfishers no more snapper for the rest of the year for any recfishers so i can see much pain in the coming year and remember no science backs these proposed laws,no worries

Big Deez
10-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Pardon me for being cynical here but some of you seem to think that this is for snapper conservation but i'm afraid i have some bad news .
The whole reason is MONEY,you will have a $90 log book that will have to be filled out and if the fisheries pull you and no record an on the spot fine and unfortunately when the years limit is reached for recfishers no more snapper for the rest of the year for any recfishers so i can see much pain in the coming year and remember no science backs these proposed laws,no worries

No fee to fish for snapper now.

finding_time
10-03-2011, 07:47 PM
No fee to fish for snapper now.

The " NOW" is the important part of that statement!!!! We are seriously about to get bent over and reemed by this Government!! And Bluefin59 you may learn to live with that but i very much doubt you'll ever get over the experience!;)

Ian

littlemac
10-03-2011, 07:56 PM
f this all it sucks

cheers

brett

Hunt-N-Gather
10-03-2011, 09:43 PM
I'm rather looking forward to the opportunity to discuss the situation at the ramp with authority.....sorry bloke i was just sharpening my knife when you caught me by surprise.......errrr sorry about that stumpy!;)
BIO
HnG

TREVELLY
11-03-2011, 05:53 AM
The boys at the ramp are just doing their job - the problem is politicians - yellow labour and greens

Snap Dog
12-03-2011, 04:14 PM
I went out the orther week, caught heaps of snapper. most of them just floated away, even after deflating them. I then went out deep and caught nothing but pearly's. dolphins ate every single one of them. Why not just up size the legal length of these fish.

No Fear
12-03-2011, 06:43 PM
Hey snap dog,

What were you actually targeting to catch the snapper and pearlies? I dislike the snapper ban as well but going out and creaming a few for them to float away only seems like increasing the problem. Would authority have the right to fine you for bottom bashing or float lining offshore SEQ at the moment? What would your comeback be? "I'm targeting cobia, parrot and sweetlip". I get the chills bringing up 30cm snapper to see them float off and die normally, let alone seeing larger models during the ban get killed. I guess it's not so bad in shallow water catching a few for sport, at least the chance of survival is higher

Once again, just my point of view, but I don't think going out at the moment will solve
anything, just show politicians we're the bad guys in this. (now ducking for cover in preparation for barrage)

Big Deez
12-03-2011, 07:33 PM
I went out the orther week, caught heaps of snapper. most of them just floated away, even after deflating them. I then went out deep and caught nothing but pearly's. dolphins ate every single one of them. Why not just up size the legal length of these fish.
What size were they? Did they all have barotrauma?

marto78
12-03-2011, 09:48 PM
Hey snap dog,

What were you actually targeting to catch the snapper and pearlies? I dislike the snapper ban as well but going out and creaming a few for them to float away only seems like increasing the problem. Would authority have the right to fine you for bottom bashing or float lining offshore SEQ at the moment? What would your comeback be? "I'm targeting cobia, parrot and sweetlip". I get the chills bringing up 30cm snapper to see them float off and die normally, let alone seeing larger models during the ban get killed. I guess it's not so bad in shallow water catching a few for sport, at least the chance of survival is higher

Once again, just my point of view, but I don't think going out at the moment will solve
anything, just show politicians we're the bad guys in this. (now ducking for cover in preparation for barrage)

They would be able to fine anyone in a boat in SE Qld that wasnt fishing in a dam because thats how wide spread snapper are.

Maybe we just need to cull a few dolphins to give the snapper and pearlies a bit more of a fighting chance and bring up the guestimated biomas to what the pollies want it to be.

Greg P
12-03-2011, 10:10 PM
Those dolphin fish live down deep too don't they :-X ;D :)

Can still use the big lead rigs to target them - bloody by catch ::)

Snap Dog
15-03-2011, 11:15 AM
Hey no fear

I wasnt going for snapper i was at12 mile going for sweetlip, tuskies, cobia & macks. I then went out to the 200mt line to have a go for ambos & pigfish. The snapper were all caught in 35mt of water and should had swam away. It near brought tears to my eyes to watch them float away.