PDA

View Full Version : Honda BF60

novice23
08-03-2011, 11:17 AM
has anyone got one?
there are very few reviews about this motor and i would love to hear about your experiences.

BGG
08-03-2011, 11:33 AM
What would you like to know? I've had mine for nearly a year and it's quiet, smooth and economical. I'm very happy with it.

Noelm
08-03-2011, 11:57 AM
there is quite a few reviews of almost every motor on boatpoint. Being a Honda i kind of doubt it will be a dud.

novice23
08-03-2011, 11:59 AM
I'm mainly interested in its performance & whether you've had any issues with it? What sort of hull are you pushing around with it?

Also interested in the serving side of things - who you deal with, what they are like and $ involved. Have been told to expect around $600 per year for serving. There seem to be only a handful of service centres around brisbane.

Noelm
08-03-2011, 12:13 PM
I dont think it is a Brisbane thing, there seems to be few Honda dealers in general, in my area there is only one (and he is hopeless) within about a 150klm radius! maybe that is their marketing strategy, who knows?

novice23
08-03-2011, 12:23 PM
It definately seems pretty thin in that regard.

frankgrimes
08-03-2011, 01:03 PM
Also interested in the serving side of things - who you deal with, what they are like and $ involved. Have been told to expect around $600 per year for serving. There seem to be only a handful of service centres around brisbane.

Mate - Speak to Garry(Spaniard_King) on here - Certified Honda Tech, mobile, located on the Goldie, but does travel up to bris etc. Does an awesome job.

http://www.gdmarineservices.com.au/

Mick

Jarrah Jack
08-03-2011, 06:03 PM
I think you're lucky Novice with Garry nearby to do the serviceing you'll be right and won't be overcharged..

White Pointer
08-03-2011, 08:58 PM
G'day,

With regard to reviews of the engine, I suggest that you log on to the Fishing & Boating magazine website and search for reviews of the engine. You may have to pay a subscription membership but I think it will be worthwhile because you might find report on equivalent Suzuki, Mercury and Yamaha engines upon which to base your purchase decision.

I pay around what you have been quoted each year for one service on my Suzuki 175Hp. The engine size doesn't matter to much in this cost. You need a mechanic who can diagnose engine faults and will strip the leg and check the impellor and look for signs of water ingress. The work value is there if want to be sure of not having a failure. I suggest that you ask the selling dealer what the annual cost will be and what will be done for the price. Ask any alternative servicing business the same question and make a decision based on being safe.

Regards,

White Pointer

Spaniard_King
09-03-2011, 05:59 PM
I'm mainly interested in its performance & whether you've had any issues with it? What sort of hull are you pushing around with it?

I think I can save you some $$:o

BGG
09-03-2011, 07:19 PM
Talk to Honda about who can do the service while maintaining your warranty.

Spaniard_King
09-03-2011, 07:29 PM
Talk to Honda about who can do the service while maintaining your warranty.

Any recognised Marine Technician can do the service as long as he/she complies with Honda's maintenance requirements and scheduling. also they must use products which comply with Honda's requirements.

What else do you want to know;D

finding_time
09-03-2011, 07:36 PM
What else do you want to know;D

A couple of those inshore gps marks that Willo anchors up on during the early wee hours of a winter's morning would be nice!!!;)

Spaniard_King
09-03-2011, 07:48 PM
You don't want much hey Ian ::)