PDA

View Full Version : 1770 putting it to the test

XtremeBoony
08-03-2011, 12:13 AM
A very quick trip was put together for the 2nd 3rd wed thurs of march. We jumped on the band wagon and headed to 1770 like the rest of the ausfishers. After being out with pe tackles Sean Munro the trip before the pressure was on to come up with the goods from our own knowlege. We fished around Boult reef and found some good looking ground. Couldn't seem to put a keeper in the boat till the run in tide mid arve. My mate I went with came down with the flu while we were out there so hardly
fished :'(

For only our second trip out there we were pretty pleased to find some legal
reds :o . We didn't brake any records but did reasonably well seeing as I was the only one that fished most of the time. I think we would have put a few more fish in the boat if we were both fishing all of the time.

The reds were taken on Pe tackles red zebra and slimey glow fly's. The cod and the rest were caught on red zebra's.

I am very confident we will find some of those stonker reds after a few more trips as we seem to improve with every trip.

cheers from boony

dayoo
08-03-2011, 07:03 AM
Nice fish and pics Boony

Cheers
Barry

jtpython
08-03-2011, 07:33 AM
Nice one Booney. Looks a nice healthy feed
JT

jarhead
08-03-2011, 10:42 AM
Some nice fish there Boony, shame about the decky and your not wrong about the band wagon.

Cheers Wal

nigelr
08-03-2011, 11:18 AM
Great thread boony, great to see the sounder and bait-up shots as well.
Cheers.

fishfeeder
08-03-2011, 11:31 AM
Great fish and pics, you just forgot the photo of the GPS showing marks !!!

Oh and I put the hooks through the skin out out the flesh side ?
maybe that's why I don't catch many fish...

Cheers

Kdog
08-03-2011, 12:11 PM
Mate, you gotta be happy with that lot.I`d recon you would have needed a bigger esky if the both of you were fishing.
Great pics and a great report!!

tropicrows
08-03-2011, 12:25 PM
Couple of very nice cod there, well done boys

vertico
08-03-2011, 03:34 PM
nice one boony, cant wait to see how the article turns out
sean

Lucky_Phill
08-03-2011, 04:35 PM
Yep Boony, as above.

band wagon ? what wagon :) :)

If the weather plays the game again between now and Easter, you'll see me there.

I'll post a trip headsup, in the M & G section.

I usually give 24 hours notice though :-? ::)

cheers Phill

XtremeBoony
08-03-2011, 05:45 PM
thanks for the feedback guys. Working on the article for NQ Fish & Boat as we speak sean o. Good to see so many ausfishers went fishing out of 1770 as it's an awesome place and am still counting down till the september M & G ;D . Hey Phil do you or someone you know have a big bright pink sticker on the front of your boat?? We were at the agnes servo and someone with about a 6-6.5 meter (not sure what type of boat though) drove past. Was going to flag them down for a chat but not sure who it was. This was wednesday 2nd of march early about 5-5.30am.

cheers from boony

P.S only a matter of time until we find those 2 figure reds ::) 8-) ::) 8-) ::)

Spot82
08-03-2011, 08:52 PM
Keep Searching Boony.... Takes a lot of time and effort to find areas which constantly produce them ;o) And you need a lot of areas, because reds are the hardest fish in the sea to target I reckon!

Anthony

Captain Seaweed
08-03-2011, 08:57 PM
thanks for the feedback guys. Working on the article for NQ Fish & Boat as we speak sean o. Good to see so many ausfishers went fishing out of 1770 as it's an awesome place and am still counting down till the september M & G ;D . Hey Phil do you or someone you know have a big bright pink sticker on the front of your boat?? We were at the agnes servo and someone with about a 6-6.5 meter (not sure what type of boat though) drove past. Was going to flag them down for a chat but not sure who it was. This was wednesday 2nd of march early about 5-5.30am.

cheers from boony

P.S only a matter of time until we find those 2 figure reds ::) 8-) ::) 8-) ::)

Phil has a pink Ausfish sticker on white boat. Sounds like him mate.

No Fear
08-03-2011, 09:20 PM
Well done there Boony!! How addictive are catching those reds?? I've had three trips up there now and every time we find new ground and bag a couple more fish.... It's a great spot and hopefully with the green zones, it will be productive for years to come!
Great work because people who have done the trip up there from Brissie understand the hard work required! Just waiting now for the next lot of good weather!!

Lucky_Phill
08-03-2011, 10:10 PM
Well Boony, yes it was me.

I do have a little pink AF sticker on the front of the boat, but ALSO, a large green one near the stern.

Looks like this.

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm246/Lucky_Phill/ReBairAF-sticker-small.jpg

That little pink sticker was someones ( won;t mention Andy's name ) idea of a joke. :P :P just haven't removed it from last years M & G.

BTW, at ALL times, if ya see an Ausfish sticker on a boat, it is AF etiquette to stop 'em and say g'day :P ;) 8-)

Cheers Phill

XtremeBoony
09-03-2011, 08:18 PM
yeah thats the big girl, that bright pink sticker was VERY LOUD ;D Good ol' fashion shananigans from the M & G.....can't wait 8-)

cheers from boony