PDA

View Full Version : Riptide Owners

dreamin
07-03-2011, 05:19 PM
Finally bit the bullet and placed an order for a new 6.2m riptide, super excited and can't wait to get it, however there is a bit of a wait.
So in the meantime I was wanting the opinion of other riptide owners out there boat
What are they happy with about there boat and if they they were building again what would the change or add. any pics would be awesome aswell to help with ideas
It will be powered by a 225 yammy.

Thanks

Rhinoc
07-03-2011, 07:53 PM
Good stuff dreamin, I went through the agonising wait for my build last year. Theres nothing worse. How long is the wait, what are some more specs? Will they send you progress pics that you'll be able to post up? I went for the Yammy 4 stroke 250 on my 6.4 Bluewater centre cab and it's a beauty. You'll be very happy.

Cheers,

Rhino...

Tangles
07-03-2011, 10:33 PM
riptides are a great boat, do a search as there are plenty of threads with pics on what some owners did, some great ideas out there what they have incorporated in the builds

mike

Noelm
08-03-2011, 07:49 AM
a 225 should zip along a 6.2M boat I would think.

dreamin
08-03-2011, 07:55 AM
Good stuff dreamin, I went through the agonising wait for my build last year. Theres nothing worse. How long is the wait, what are some more specs? Will they send you progress pics that you'll be able to post up? I went for the Yammy 4 stroke 250 on my 6.4 Bluewater centre cab and it's a beauty. You'll be very happy.

Cheers,

Rhino...

There is roughly a 10mth wait for them atm. Seams a long time but with never a bad word said about them we are more than willing to wait. Give us a chance to get some more $$ save for extra bits and pieces at the end.
As for specs havent got anything down on paper yet but it will be 6.2 (6.8overall) 6mm bottom foam filled hull, hardtop,15 to 17 degree deadrise , unpainted atm, supported but one of daves speial ally trailers.
We dont live to far away from his factory so once the build starts, ill start posting photos.

dreamin
08-03-2011, 07:58 AM
riptides are a great boat, do a search as there are plenty of threads with pics on what some owners did, some great ideas out there what they have incorporated in the builds

mike

hey mike
yer i have had a look through these forums, but most of them are of the builds, now that the owners have had the boats for a while, was wondering what they may have done differently or added if anything.

dreamin
08-03-2011, 08:00 AM
a 225 should zip along a 6.2M boat I would think.

Yer i hope so, we went that way so we had the power there if we needed it but also i should hopefully be more economical than having a smaller motor which would have to work harder

champion
08-03-2011, 05:47 PM
Hey Dreamin, the boys up the road from me have the 6.2 centre console with hard top set up with a yammy 225,and they say its a bullet, heaps of power,better to have bit more hp,doesnt have to struggle when you are fully loaded,i was very impressed with the whole boat and alloy trailer set up,riptide big a great product,i think they are worth the wait, Cheers

skipalong
08-03-2011, 07:44 PM
hey mate you wont be disapointed but a 225 :P i have seen them with 175 or 200's on that size but if thats you thing :) mine is 7.6 with 2 x 115 yams and still pulls 36knots more than is ever needed.

dreamin
09-03-2011, 07:35 AM
Yer it's should push it along petty quick. Only went for the 225 cause we got a good deal on it.
Skipalong are there any extras that you got that you think are a must.

Black_Rat
09-03-2011, 07:58 AM
The Flamin Riptide is around 6.2m from memory and has a 200 Yammie and flies !

skipalong
09-03-2011, 08:06 AM
There are quite a few things, but thats what makes them different hard to explain all the things that make a good boat, the only thing i would suggest is solid toughned glass windows, much better for offshore work.