PDA

View Full Version : Mariner 4A and Fuel Tank

buhfee
06-03-2011, 09:25 PM
Hey guys, I was just wondering what is required for me to be able to use an external fuel tank with a Mariner 4A. It is quite an old motor so info on it has been a bit hard to come by. Thanks!

Gon Fishun
06-03-2011, 11:30 PM
The main part would be a fuel pump. I owned 1 of these a few years back and from memory it was not designed to have a fuel pump on the motor, it was gravity feed. If your tank has a split or requires repairing I would take it to a plastic welder. I you are looking for a bigger tank to cover more water you really need a bigger, faster motor. I have mucked with electric fuel pumps and pressure regulators but would not recomend them.:-? A lot of mucking around, wiring etc and not reliable.
I found a tank full of fuel lasted a long time and carried a 1 gallon can just in, but never had to use it. They are a good little motor but dont go to far to fast.

buhfee
07-03-2011, 03:25 PM
Oh ok, I was affraid of that. The reason I was asking is because the fuel cap on the tank is broken aswell and I am having a very hard time to track one down. Does anyone know where I may be able to look? I live in bathurst and theres not really anyone around here that does that sorta thing. thanks!

buhfee
08-03-2011, 05:26 PM
hey guys, I have found this and it refers to remote fuel tanks and external tanks but says nothing about a fuel pump. Any ideas?
http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Merc2/Mariner/4A/6E0-001011%20AND%20UP/parts.html