PDA

View Full Version : Converting 4.55 poly from open to centre console

ImOldGreg
06-03-2011, 07:20 AM
Just after some advice on converting a 4.55 polycraft from open boat to centre console. Is it worth the cost?

Shawn 66
06-03-2011, 07:38 AM
Just after some advice on converting a 4.55 polycraft from open boat to centre console. Is it worth the cost?
Morning Bud,
I am in the process of doing that to my 3 month old 4.2 plate Seascape. I suppose it comes down to what you want out of your boat. With me it was a fairly easy decision. My boat has everything thing I want/need . Adding the console will just top it off . Plus I got a pretty good price on the conversion. One thing you probably should factor in is the increased resale price of your asset.You could also consider how much it would cost you to sell your existing boat and trade up to a boat with a console.
Hope this helps.
Shawn8-)

frankgrimes
06-03-2011, 08:07 AM

Hey mate - Are you getting the CC from Polycraft(Guessing you would be, if so what $ are the asking?)

You'll lose some space(obviously!), and need to get forward controls etc for motor....not cheap....have you priced up what its going to cost?

Ive got a 4.5 Poly CC....so much nicer than my old tiller steer tinnie.

Mick

ImOldGreg
06-03-2011, 10:21 AM
Mick and Shawn

Yep, have a quote from a dealer. About $3k all up for the centre console, standard steering and control box. I have included a few hundered for minor changes. About an extra $1.3k for underfloor fuel tank (I reckon I can live with what I have).

Currently, I have a large bench seat in the middle of the boat. While this is good for filling with stuff and sitting on, it takes up heaps of space and I want to get rid of it for the console.

Love the poly generally. Have it set-up with a 50hp Mariner and it goes really well.

Mark

TheRealAndy
06-03-2011, 06:21 PM
Probably cheaper to sell and buy one already done.

Mudlicker
06-03-2011, 06:33 PM
Just got prices to do the same for my 4.35 TABS and thought it was a bit dear , would end up around 4 k fitted , I love the boat , but not sure if its worth it , pricing new rigs as we speak :D

ImOldGreg
06-03-2011, 06:58 PM
TheRealAndy - I got a pretty good deal on the boat when I purchased (less than 20 hrs on motor too), so should still come in under converted prices being quoted on BoatPoint

Is there a major change in ride/performance between open and centre console?

Shawn 66
06-03-2011, 07:04 PM
Just got prices to do the same for my 4.35 TABS and thought it was a bit dear , would end up around 4 k fitted , I love the boat , but not sure if its worth it , pricing new rigs as we speak :D
G'Day Mate,
As I have previously posted I am doing the same thing . I reckon that you should do a bit of shopping around , I am paying less than half of what you were quoted.
Shawn

TheRealAndy
06-03-2011, 07:23 PM
TheRealAndy - I got a pretty good deal on the boat when I purchased (less than 20 hrs on motor too), so should still come in under converted prices being quoted on BoatPoint

Is there a major change in ride/performance between open and centre console?

Depends on where you use the boat and what you are chasing. The problem with polycraft is you will tend to use them in conditions a little rougher than a tinny, so if you not scared of chop and getting wet then there may be some differences. Do you intend to use it mainly in open waters?