PDA

View Full Version : how long will our boat ramp take

Reef Cruiser
05-03-2011, 09:52 AM
i live in mourilyan north queensland and we have been waiting for our boat ramp to be built .it sould have been built 3 years ago and still waiting ??? i wonder if i lived on the goldcoast .would i have a fight getting my boat on my trailer with crocs at my feet .is was gov funded 3 lane ramp with a floating jetty .at the monment loading your boat is so hard getting kids abord with rocks both sides of ramp and not good for the boat hull .every year sign says finnished december and at that time new sign say march next year .this boat ramp can be used by 100 people in a day .i hope we get somthing on day:(

smclaren
05-03-2011, 10:18 AM
And .... just to rub it in ... I believe that you are now paying extra $$ on your boat rego ... specifically to have a boat ramp built ?

My guess is that it would be built in a flash, if it was a Labor politicians kid dodging the snapping logs at the waters edge !

spelchek
05-03-2011, 01:23 PM
I thought there already was a ramp at Mourilyan? I used to fish there frequently back in '99-2000 when I was living in Innisfail and I'm sure I remember a ramp there? Admittedly I was hiring a boat at that stage from the hire place there, but I could swear there was a ramp. Not the worlds best, but a ramp nonetheless.

propdinger
05-03-2011, 02:36 PM
dump plenty of sand around the ramp (both side to make it easier for you) and blame the cyclone till the new one gets built ::)