PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Craft bait board for Yalta 555?

four_button_arnie
03-03-2011, 10:54 PM
Hey guys, I need a bait board for my new Yalta 555HC, not quite sure what to get,
I really like the cruise craft molded fibreglass ones, has anyone put one of these bad boys on a boat other than a CC???

Also im sure that new they would be a fair bit of coin.... if by any far chance anyone has one they are looking too offload::) please give me a yell

If not the CC bait board, what else is worth looking at? What bait boards have fellow Yalta owners running?

Cheers
Josh

Muddy Toes
03-03-2011, 11:34 PM
Also looked at the cruisie baitboard for my boat, not a yalta though.From memory i think they were like $850 (dont quote me but was definately north of $500).I ended up getting one custom made from Baitmate.Half the price and designed to how i wanted it with draws, rod holders, knife storage and all that other stuff.

TimiBoy
04-03-2011, 06:33 AM
Wow, those Bait Mate boards look the duck's guts! They look MUCH BETTER than the Cruisecraft job, pretty much what I was planning to replace my board with when i sold the Cruisey, and what I'll do when I maybe buy another.

What's their build quality like? Runners in the drawers, paint, welds, that sort of stuff?

Cheers,

Tim

hakuna
04-03-2011, 06:52 AM
I had one in my last boat, he will build what you want, I found I had to place a proper 10mm teflon cutting board on top, cut to size and the drawers after a while held in my surf tape came loose over big waves and the drawer parted company, installed a snatch strap like the ice box and fixed the problem.

cheers

lethal098
04-03-2011, 08:10 AM
Yep ,look at the Bait Mate, they will custom make to suit your requirements and the prices are fantastic. Build quality from what i have seen is great, he stands by his product.

Let me know if you go that way Josh and can bring it up for you on the next trip, which should be soon.

Cheers Lee

four_button_arnie
04-03-2011, 09:02 AM
Dam just checked out the web site, they are CHOICE! Bloody well priced as well, sorry cruise craft but i think bait mate may have won this round. Very nice.

I think one of those transom mounts with a little tray underneath may fit the bill quite nicely, and with the money i save i can track down a burley bucket to go through one of my rear steps;D

Josh

Muddy Toes
04-03-2011, 09:27 PM
My baitmait is very well made.Only gripe i have is that the hdpe cuttingboard is a bit thin but its pretty easy to get another one cut to size at another thickness.Welds are realy good and powdercoating is flawless.I had a fair idea of what i wanted when i rang him but he insisted i bring my boat down to him so we could go through things with the boat there.Towing my boat from Redland Bay to Greenbank wasnt my idea of fun but when i got there and he was throwing ideas around i'm glad i did coz what i had come up with compared to what his ideas were, were worlds apart.He worked out all the details for draws, knife storage and rod holders based on the ergonomics of someone standing at my transom and everything was measured and placed just where it should be.Everything down to the correct angle of the board so when i wanted to give it a spray with the deckwash out at sea the slop wouldn't end up in the boat.As a testiment of his workmanship i know he sent a heap down south to be put on Webster Twinfisher new boats, and i've even seen one over here in Karratha W.A.Solid as hell and the guy is realy helpfull.I think his name is Rod but i'm crap with names and i may have gotten it wrong.There are heaps to look at on the website but i'd definately get him to customise one for your needs if its practical to get your boat there.

STUIE63
04-03-2011, 09:38 PM
I got a baitmate and think it's great but when it was supplied I recieved one bolt nut and washers set up with a note saying go and get another 11 . I would have rather it was $20.00 dearer and got the right amount of bolts and nuts though . I would still buy another one for the next boat though

krazyfisher
05-03-2011, 05:26 AM
had one as well great.... I will most likely buy another

Scalem
05-03-2011, 06:43 AM
Hey Josh, I'm keen to know which model you eventually decide, I don't have one of those yet either and anything you fit will work for my boat exactly::) I didn't get rocket launchers when I bought my boat but regret it now. Will the rods travel OK, and not too heavy for the board if I put them into one of these baitboard models or are they meant more for slow trolling?

Well done on getting the Yalta BTW hope you are enjoying it.

Scalem

STUIE63
05-03-2011, 07:48 AM
I put rods in there when I fish to get them out of the way but move them when I am on the move because they get noisy and rattle

four_button_arnie
05-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Dammit Scalem I was hoping you or one of the other Yalta boys would allready have one sorted so u could just grab the same one without having to measure etc!

Na I need rockets as well and a burley bucket

Thankyou everyone for your imput baitmate will be getting my money I think

Cheers Josh

four_button_arnie
16-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Hey guys, so do any of the Yalta craft peeps have one of these baitboards already installed???

I sent some pics of the boat and measurements to baitmate, but it looks as if I would have to remove it when the motor is fully out of the water and on the motor trim mounts. The board would have to be quite high to avoid this.

Do people remove their bait boards is situations like this???

Cheers Josh

hakuna
16-03-2011, 04:01 PM
Should be an adjustment on your motor to adjust trim height to stop before the bait board, Depending on set up then your motor should be up enough above the bottom of the boat. What is the motor?
If you lock that little tag to tow at the top of the motor then you should not anyway, build a lock down bracket off your motor as a brace for travelling, do not brace off trailer as it will flex

cheers

deckie
16-03-2011, 06:01 PM
Instead of worrying about the motor, just put some form of adjustable screw fitting in the legs of the baitboard so you can fold it fwd. You can use adjustable rail mounts up where the uprights meet the board, tube hinges or a multitude of nylon types with thumbscrews. Then you can have any baitboard you like and just tilt it a bit forward whilst trailering if its in the way.
Most of the better baitboards have fixed mounts top and bottom but nothing to say you cant change that to suit your rig.

four_button_arnie
16-03-2011, 06:38 PM
hakuna...not quite sure i know what you mean? I have a Yammie 150 fourstroke

deckie, well played good idea, would just be a shame to cut into a brand new baitboard, but a good solution

Josh

Jakers 69
18-03-2011, 10:27 AM
Hi,
Do you have bait maits contact details for me please?

STUIE63
18-03-2011, 10:30 AM
http://www.baitmate.com.au/contact_us_8.html

Kdog
24-03-2011, 01:14 PM
Hey guys, so do any of the Yalta craft peeps have one of these baitboards already installed???

Do people remove their bait boards is situations like this???

Cheers Josh

Gday Josh,

Mate, did you end up deciding what bait board to get?

MINE09
25-03-2011, 01:26 PM
Congrates on the yalta, i've got the same boat mate n have been real happy with it so far. Went out the reef with two mates last week n cleaned up, i'am in gladstone also, have u done much fishing up this way and r ya happy with the boat? Oh yer....i've just got an el cheapo plastic baitboard on the back n does the job nicely!

four_button_arnie
25-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Hey Mine09, I saw you!

I was tied up to the pontoon in Auckland street ramp, we just came back in as you where heading out (we did a night fish, i have a report in offshore reports)

The shoals is about as far as ive gone, bar the other night had a few marks to check out. But keen to head to the islands.

Re bait board, i think monday i have permission:P to order a Bait mate;D

Josh

PS have to catch up for a beer or two

four_button_arnie
25-03-2011, 01:39 PM
oh, and VERY VERY happy with the boat love it!

MINE09
27-03-2011, 07:17 PM
Hey Josh, we saw you as well, wasn't quite sure why you were (what seemed like)fishing of the pontoon! Haha! Looked the the goods with the 150 yamy four banger on the back. Sounds like a plan about some beers sometime.

Cheers George

four_button_arnie
27-03-2011, 08:17 PM
George thats funny as;D fishing on the pontoon lol.
Need to finish the look off with the "Bimini Twist" decal! I could clearly identifiy you, looks sweet as.

beers sound sweet, love sitting at the Yachties watching some people launching and retrieving (not too long ago we saw a bloke in a commodore launch a 6+m boat then proceed to run his trailer into a parked ute, ripping the fender off.....hehe he didnt get away with it, a bloke promptly bailed him up::) )

Josh

four_button_arnie
27-03-2011, 08:20 PM
Hey Kdog, sorry mate somehow i missed your post,
Im about to order the Transom I 720mm board, seems a good compromise between the two sizes. Four rod holder and a draw underneath;D

$365 delivered, cant complain when the basic moulded plastic ones are $300-500:o

Something like the one below (i think the pic is of the 640mm) but you get the idea

cheers
Josh

Kdog
28-03-2011, 07:43 AM
Hey Kdog, sorry mate somehow i missed your post,
Im about to order the Transom I 720mm board, seems a good compromise between the two sizes. Four rod holder and a draw underneath;D

$365 delivered, cant complain when the basic moulded plastic ones are $300-500:o

Something like the one below (i think the pic is of the 640mm) but you get the idea

cheers
Josh

Hi Josh,

Mate, no drama, all good. When I brought my 615 Yalta I ordered the “factory baitboard” not sure of the cost as it was part of the whole cost.
I will have to send you a pic or two as you will then realise that you have made the right decision in going for the one above.
All the best mate and may your eskies stay full.

four_button_arnie
28-03-2011, 11:47 AM
Well I was going to order the 720mm, but changed my mind and got the 640mm, i got the tape measure out and 640mm is alot of board. I thought the more room i have to fish the better, my stinky squid and fleshy bait will be more than comfortable stretched out on the 640;D

So the price came to $325 delivered which is great. Now i just have to wait a little bit while it is made up for me:thumbsup:

Josh

four_button_arnie
22-04-2011, 04:49 PM
Well its finally installed, was a little scary taking to the new Yalta with the hole saw but all good! Put the new stainless rod holder in.

The new Baitmate board fits like a dream, very well built, it came with pop rivets to connect the board to the legs, i wasnt fussed on that so stuck some big stainless selftapers in.

Looks sweet as, just need to blood it now;D

Some pics for those who are interested

krazyfisher
22-04-2011, 05:07 PM
looks good just remember the reason for the rivets is to not have dis-simular metals, which you now have. just keep an eye on the corrosion.

Just waiting on mine new one to turn up mine will be simular to yours but with 2 trays

four_button_arnie
22-04-2011, 05:22 PM
MMMMM very true! Didnt think of that! Might just get my mate to weld her up instead.

Didnt like the idea of having rods etc. sitting in it only been held in by rivets.

Josh

krazyfisher
22-04-2011, 05:34 PM
I would and will trust the rivets....
other wise you will bugger the powder coating.

four_button_arnie
22-04-2011, 07:44 PM
God dam it Krazyfisher! You got me thinking. Corrosion is not cool! And true powder coat would need redoing if i got it welded.

RE-Looking at the baitboard, there is no real reason why the board NEEDS stronger screws.

I may have just got a little excited.....

The screws will go and the rivets will return::)

Dam Ausfish intelligence

Josh