PDA

View Full Version : Installing Trim tabs on 6m boat quick question

odes20
03-03-2011, 06:11 PM
Just got my new set of Lenco trim tabs from USA . Awesome.

They have clear instructions as to where to place them etc. my query is- has anyone fitted any and found you needed to shift them? EG. they were not is as efficient position as possible?
Thanks
John

Chimo
03-03-2011, 06:23 PM
This is how they sit on my Vagabond (6.2 Seafarer)

Hope the pics are of assistance.

Cheers
Chimo

Micadogs
03-03-2011, 07:26 PM
Hi Odes

I had to fit mine "not in the outer most position" where it is most efficient.

I had to come in a fair way so the edge was not closer than 2 inches frm the strake.

This means they are approx 5 inches from the inside of the chine.

If you look at the last picture from Chimo's above, the left hand side of my trim tabe is two inches to the left of the strake. This just pulls it in from the chine.

Operation of mine is fine, fantastic actually. I had a two year old asleep and my wife 7 months pregnant coming home in a steep moreton bay chop and used trim tab to adjust for wind list, smooth as. Wife couldn't believe the change in the boat and she doesn't know boats.

Doesn't seemed to have affected the performance on mine.

Regards Adam

Chimo
03-03-2011, 07:55 PM
A few more fyi

C
C

sporty1
03-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Hi Odes

I brought the 9" x4" lencos and had to move then quite a way in towards the center line due to the boarding ladder on my Stessl.
I to was worried they might not perform as well. But on my first outing they nearly threw me out of the boat they we so effective. Only ever one or two touches on the switch to have perfect effect.
mine are also positioned right across a chine on the bottom(no other option) they are a great addition to the boat and passangers and gear can pretty much be positioned anywhere.

stue2
03-03-2011, 08:35 PM
This is how they sit on my Vagabond (6.2 Seafarer)

Hope the pics are of assistance.

Cheers
Chimo

Hey Chimo, whats the distance between the outside chine and the top of the step on your vag

Chimo
03-03-2011, 09:58 PM
Stu

Dont have that distance atm

Do have pics show where the hole has to go to install the screw drive.

Seafarer fitted mine so I and they didn't worry about trying to fit the tab screw under the step; its not an issue especially as i strongly suspect that the steps are all fitted in much the same location (jig?)

odes20
03-03-2011, 10:33 PM
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I will post a pic when I get them on as I dont have any obstacles to stop me putting them where I want.

Thanks heaps
John