PDA

View Full Version : Kevlacats

govomg
28-02-2011, 04:37 PM
This is mainly aimed at guys that either own or have owned a kevlacat, I have read many posts about the 5.2 kevlacat and the 2400 Kc but I very rarely hear much of the 5.8 Kc, I am in the market for a KC and I dont mind the 5.8,can anyone shine some light on the 5.8 pro and cons. Thanks Mark

frankgrimes
28-02-2011, 05:49 PM
Hey mate - check this thread : http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=147013

Mick

Lovey80
28-02-2011, 07:19 PM
govomg,

if your in the market for a new 2100, you would be mental if you didn't take a look at the Seatrek Marine Super Sports Cat 5900 made in Caloundra. As high or higher quality as a KC and a cheaper boat (small 2 man operation with direct access to the builder - No dealer mark ups). Ally trailers come standard and he will build your boat how you want it (within reason), still tow with a Ranger, Colarado etc.

It was at the top of my list before patience got the better of me and had to get into a boat sooner. If I was buying any new trailerable Cat today they would be the benchmark IMO. One big factor for me is the wind screen, much nicer style to the new KC sloped windscreens. Roof console for the radios which leaves heaps of space on the dash for electonics.

The only draw back I can see that a new KC has over the Seatrek, is the Seatrek has only a single live bait tank. The pay off is that the engines are closer to the boat (shorter pod with small engine well and live tank in the middle of the walk through) which makes fishing more user freindly not having to get the lines out further around the motors. Although if having more livey space is essential, you could convert one of the under seat eskies (like the KC's) into a live bait tank when he builds it for you. The Seatrek beats the 2100 hands down and you also get a walk around cabin.

I threw it up to Allan, my thoughts on the style of Cabin that the American Glacier Bay cats have with the cabin door on the left stepping down into the shower/toilet area with a full double style bed to the right with storage underneath. He certainly seemed like he would consider building a boat like that if you wanted it.

When your ready do yourself a favor and give Allan Broughton a ring on 0439 443 203. They are at Moffat beach. As you can tell I am a big fan of the boat they make.

govomg
01-03-2011, 03:12 PM
Thanks lovey
I will definately check them out but in the meantime if there are any 5.8 kc owners out there I would love to hear your thoughts about the 5.8.
Cheers Mark

business class
01-03-2011, 03:24 PM
the guys to talk to, would be Ian (Finding time) or Deano those 2 are cat finatics and as one eyed as they come lol they should be able to tell u everything it can and can do;D or maybe Seach the Kevlacat posts and then pm them but im sure they will see ur post and comment soon enough.

Finnatical
01-03-2011, 04:03 PM
There don't seem to be too many 2100's around as i think the price step up to the 2400 is not that great so most people seem to go the 2400 route - also a better looking boat too.

I have owned the 2400 but have never been on the 2100. Be interesting to see if there is anyone out there with a 2100 that can help you out.

Cheers,