PDA

View Full Version : Mooloolaba Sunday.

MEG-A-BITE
28-02-2011, 09:22 AM
Went out on my new boat for the first time this weekend, spent the night off mooloolaba around the gneerings,the wind was supposed to drop off over night but that 5-6kn NE stayed for the whole night. Did not fish much as the poor Mrs. was very sea sick, so went back in to the river and stayed there in calmer conditions until 5am. Woke up to a traffic jam of boats all trying to leave the river mouth. So got the Mrs. and kids up and got on our way back out to the gneerings for a troll .The weather was awesome no wind and a slight swell. The Sea legend goes like a dream such a good ride. We trolled for 4 hours for 2 strikes but both fish managed to come off. Did see a few Spanish Macs caught around us but not much else. The water was grass green and not all that good. My mate managed to land a nice Spanish Mac of 10kg his first ever so he was very happy. Besides the fishing I was very happy with my Whittley SL 630.

jason p
28-02-2011, 06:18 PM
5 to 6kn is next to nothin, calm calm calm;D , except for the wifey:( . would of been a great weekend for boating and maybee a bit of blood on the next trip.

jp

MEG-A-BITE
01-03-2011, 10:53 AM
sure agree the weather was very good, just the Mrs sea sick.And when the Mrs is not happy well you know the answer to that:-[ ,,,,will give her some travacalm next time.

jason p
02-03-2011, 04:39 PM
yep the travicalms work well. ive had excellent results with quells for the odd sea sick deckie, 1 the night before and 1 in the morning before leaveing home and there right as rain.

jp

sleepygreg
03-03-2011, 12:12 AM
Hey Wayne.....just saw a missed call on my phone from you.......geeeez I hope it wasnt an invite for a fish. New rig looks great. Definitely have to catch up soon. Will give you a ring and give you a better number to catch me on during the day. Good to see you got the family on the water (get the travacalms into her).
Cheers
Greg