PDA

View Full Version : Offshore Brunswick Heads

Lancair
27-02-2011, 05:27 PM
Hey all, today was my new boats maiden offshore fishing trip, I know I ve had it a few months now but the gods have conspired thus far preventing an earlier trip.
Crossed Brunswicj bar at 5.40am, just enought light to see the waves. Hit up a mark Id been given and 4 or 5 drifts later we had 16 Snapper and 1 pearl perch on board. The bite went off here so went headed for Windarra Bank, the current was a howling 3-4kts out there so trolling was on the cards. Shortly a Wahoo, about 1.2m came aboard. We trolled for another hour or so and called it a day.

Lets hope this trend continues for my boat.

Lancair

byron_moses
27-02-2011, 06:34 PM
good report mate i have heard the snapper are thick at the moment congrats on the maiden voyage

Back In Black
27-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Great maiden voyage Lancair! What is your new rig & what is it powered with?
Tony

Horse
27-02-2011, 08:15 PM
Thats a great way to blood it

Lancair
27-02-2011, 09:04 PM
Thanks guys, new rig is a Tournament 1800, from tournament pleasure boats. Etec 115 on the back and as usual a heap of extras everywhere else on the boat.

It got a good drenching of blood from the Hoo thats for sure.

Forgot to mention that whilst on our way to Windarra Bank, my crew spotted something ahead in the water, under water, as we got closer it was a White Pointer, about 4-5 metres long, he buggered off real quick just after we made what he was. :o