PDA

View Full Version : Bouyweather

bachoau
25-02-2011, 07:24 PM
I am thinking of investing in a year membership of Bouyweather for the Darwin offshore conditions. Is it worth the hassle or should I stick too free ones. Any suggestions would be allright:o;D

whatscracken
25-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Try Windfinder.com mate. Free seven days forecast with a lot more detail than Bouyweather. Its as reliable as Seabreeze and the BOM.

TheRealAndy
25-02-2011, 11:38 PM
ask newby about it, he is a subscriber (or was). I seen a demo of it at 1770 and I dont think it was that great.

Lucky_Phill
26-02-2011, 12:04 AM
I have used it. For me, it is as good as it gets.

I combine Buoyweather with

Seabreeze, Windfinder and BoM.

Then check the chart ( maps ).

All theses are is different business's using same data and inputing that data into their own " weather models " to achieve results.

Easy to find out which is OK. Check historical data on the BoM site.

Buoyweather, IMO, is a worth a subscription.

Cheers Phill

Squidlet
26-02-2011, 08:19 AM
I am thinking of investing in a year membership of Bouyweather for the Darwin offshore conditions. Is it worth the hassle or should I stick too free ones. Any suggestions would be allright:o;D

Gday mate im also from darwin!,have used the freee trial of bouyweather and it was pretty good.I personally also like See breeze and the good old Beuro of Gesology!

Cheers Squid!

Out-Station
26-02-2011, 10:28 AM
I'm a subscriber to bouyweather and i like it. As per Lucky Phils comment, I use it in conjuntion with seabreeze and the BOM (forecast and synoptics) and between those do my best to make the most informed call on the day as i can.

Scott

benno_r
27-02-2011, 09:38 PM
I am with Phill on this one, Buoyweather is the go to site. Windfinder is a close second. Willyweather is the go to for tide times. These three combined determines what we do up here in Dampier.

Cheers, Ben

split-shot
28-02-2011, 08:43 AM
Have you tried willyweather? As per the other replies, I use it in conjunction with other sites to try and get an average weather prediction. Willy is also good for tides at particular locations.

NQ FISH
06-03-2011, 07:31 AM
Have been a member of Bouyweather for a couple of year now and find it is worth the money.

cheers

No Fear
14-03-2011, 08:07 PM
I like wind finder and use the Wind maps. Been pretty accurate. As everyone else says, use a few different sites and make a decision from there.
Weatherzone is another one I sometimes have a squizz at.

TimiBoy
14-03-2011, 08:54 PM
What Phill does.

I've subscribed for a couple of years now, and it works well in combinations with other sources.

Cheers,

Tim