PDA

View Full Version : 1770 20th/21st

jarhead
22-02-2011, 09:20 PM
Went for a run to 1770 with Wayne(Goggles) and nephew Zack on Sunday just gone. Fished from Boult to Fitzroy through to Monday. Spent the night in Fitzroy lagoon and have never seen so many boats in there before. Zack had many firsts as he had never fished up that way previously. Ended up with a healthy looking esky for the trip. The pearly and the snapper were released but i thought the pics would be of interest to anyone who is'nt all that familiar with what these rare species look like.

Cheers Wal

littlemac
22-02-2011, 09:49 PM
thanks for the report, great photos

well done

cheers

brett

XtremeBoony
22-02-2011, 09:54 PM
thanks for the report. That area is fast becoming my favourite piece of qld. You just know when there is a closure on you will catch them. Would have been hard releasing the pearlie & snap :( Definately like the mix of reefies with gold mixed in the eskie :) Well done fella's.

cheers from boony

Giffo65
22-02-2011, 09:59 PM
Nice fish boys,I went out on Monday and got bugger all (undersize Spanish and an unstoppable fish ).It is so windy in Bundy now,that a Chook of ours, has laid the same egg 3 times!

Fish_gutz
22-02-2011, 10:29 PM
Noice Wal ,Cracker Pearly! I bet you were as dark as desmond tutu when the pearly and snapp came onboard:angryfire:. nice esky full of quality fish.
Fat Buddy needs to keep his shirt on! ;D

fook my missus getting on the turps. next time I`m coming. Cheers Muz

TREVELLY
23-02-2011, 05:44 AM
Well done.

I see in the esky you also caught some of those XXXX goldfish. Maybe mark that spot as secret spot XXXX.

Yep I will absolutely make sure I take the camera with me now as i am sure to catch biggest snapper/pearlie and trag in very near future - gotta take something home even if only a pic :'(

Rhinoc
23-02-2011, 06:40 AM
Thanks for the report Wal - those photos are fantastic. That last one of someone fighting a fish with the ocean in the background is truly amaizing. Those conditions look as close to perfect as you could get.

I'd love to do a trip up there with my boat someday. Might need to tee it up with other member/s though as I have no idea where I'm going. How far do you need to venture offshore from 1770 or Fitzroy Lagoon? Must need to carry some serious fuel too.

Cheers,

Rhino...

goggles
23-02-2011, 09:06 AM
Thanks for two huge days Wal, well worth the effort. Nice mix of fillets sitting in the freezer now. Wayno

No Fear
23-02-2011, 11:15 AM
Good report. We were up there as well and wondered where everyone was with the good weather. We fished around Musgrave but we now know they were all up North. We scored 4 620mm pearlies and a stonker snapper as well which had to be released.
I will hopefully get a chance to put a report up tonight but it seems as though most people went alright

jarhead
23-02-2011, 12:23 PM
Boony - Murpy's law, it was difficult but it does make it a little easier with a bit of red in the box.

Muz - Shame u could'nt come mate, be good to have you onboard next trip mate.

Rhino - Fitzroy's about 70k's out mate. We had 250 litres onboard, did 260k's and used about 150 litres. Always nice to have a bit more than not enough although we did'nt get the time to venture a little further north as we had planned.

Wayno - No worries mate, i am already daydreaming about the next trip. Definately a beatifull place to spend a couple of day's.

Cheers Wal

Spot82
23-02-2011, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the report and pics Wal! Was certainly the weekend to be out there!!

I was out there from Saturday arvo till Monday arvo and Sunday/Monday was some of the best weather I have been out in in quite some time!! The fish were very slow except for a hot bite we had on Monday arvo for a couple of hours which saved the day!! Sharks were thick too!!

Anthony

Rhinoc
23-02-2011, 07:39 PM
Rhino - Fitzroy's about 70k's out mate. We had 250 litres onboard, did 260k's and used about 150 litres. Always nice to have a bit more than not enough although we did'nt get the time to venture a little further north as we had planned.

I'm seriously keen on doing some more trips further north. This is definitely a trip that could be realistically achieved from the Gold Coast on a few days off. My boat holds just under 300 litres which should give me a range in the vicinity of 420 to 500 kilometres based on consumption figures to date.

Thanks again Wal.

Rhino...

jarhead
24-02-2011, 10:14 AM
Thanks for the report and pics Wal! Was certainly the weekend to be out there!!

I was out there from Saturday arvo till Monday arvo and Sunday/Monday was some of the best weather I have been out in in quite some time!! The fish were very slow except for a hot bite we had on Monday arvo for a couple of hours which saved the day!! Sharks were thick too!!

Anthony

We got the majority of our better fish around lunchtime on monday aswell. I said to Wayne on monday, if it was'nt for the heat the conditions were like a day in September.

Wal

BigAl1071
24-02-2011, 04:18 PM
Great Report guys,

We ventured up after a last minute decision - Went out Saturday and home Monday. Sat was too rough and too much run to do much but Sunday was good and Monday was great weather wise.

Caught most of our quality fish Sunday on then run out tide (in spite of my decky being sick most of the day - maybe it was the burley!!!) . Monday the wind swung to the north and we only fished in incoming and got bugger all.

Ended up with a good mixed bag with 6 trouties ( all over 4kgs and 1 @ 5.5 kgs) , 1 Red (7.5kgs and happy about that) and some nice Red Throat and other mixed reefies. Interestingly we got very few hussar and parrot although we were not targetting them, we normally get more.

Couple of pics attached.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers Big Al

odes20
24-02-2011, 06:04 PM
Some really great fish there and wonderful variety. We dont get Pearlies or Snapper up Cairns way, but I would love to catch a Pearly one day for sure.

Calm seas as well, everybodies dream. We had an awesome calm night off Cairns on Monday night- you can see my dawn pics on the previous thread.

Cheers!
John

goggles
26-02-2011, 07:40 PM
is that tugga doing some of his best work? or is that a fishing rod in his hands.!