PDA

View Full Version : Heavy duty battery mount

deckie
22-02-2011, 07:58 AM
Will be fitting a roughly 30kg agm in a fwd position and was hoping for thoughts about the mount.
One agm weighing a bit over 20kg is in with an off the shelf stainless batt mount with large s/s screws epoxied down, sits on a glassed ply plate and rubber vibration mat with a 2inch emergency velcro strap....but the house will be about a 100Ahr and may weigh >30kegs.
Bit concerned i need a stronger mount ...anyone know anything on the market that will fit a batt about 310Lx175Wx215H ?? If not how would you make one up ?

Bit concerned the horizontal top s/s bracket is a bit flimsy on the type u get at Whitworths/Bias etc. Would simply replacing that cross piece with some tougher steel do the trick maybe ?...put two of these in maybe ?

I guess the guys with fwd mounted batts and leccies might be the ones to ask but imagine your set up in offshore waters rather than inshore with the batts mounted about centre.

Any thoughts appreciated...maybe i worry too much but never had big batts anywhere but at the back before.

No room nor want for a box...all about the bracket/mount to hold securely. I'll be protecting the terminals from the chance of an arc. Glass boat/flowcoated glass/ply deck.
Cheers
Steve