PDA

View Full Version : Barwon Banks -13th February

Pinguu
21-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Hi All,

Better late than never I guess.

Sunday 13th February we dragged the Kevlacat up to Mooloolaba for an assault on the Barwons with a few friends experienced in this country. We left the packed boat ramp behind and were fishing by 6.30 along with a few friends in another boat nearby.

By 9am things had been pretty slow with plenty of drifts for only a couple of sharks and a Moari Cod, things werent looking good for us, but our mates had boated a dozen fish which was frustrating to say the least.

Plenty more drifts later the fish started to come on at around 11.00am. Shortly after this our friends decided to head back to the ramp with 20 fish on board. We continued to slug it out , 2 x plastics fisho's and 2 x stink bait fisho's.

We continued to persist with conditions holding contrary to the forecast until 2.00pm when we departed for the ramp with 25 keepers and a mixed bag aboard. It pains me to say the stink bait definitely outfished the plastics on this day probably by 4:1.

All up a very enjoyable day out and my mate Ad cant stop talking about the best day fishing ever (he must have caught 9/25 at least, and is used to coming home empty handed , as am I) !

Thanks to Nav and Vin who were effectively our guides for the day and to Rob for leading us to the spot ! It sure was nice to get some good Pearlies and Snapper among others and experience the renowned Barwons before the season closed.

Looking forward to the next trip ! Photos below

TimD
21-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Nice haul there Warwick and crew :thumbsup:

cheers tim

Maddac
21-02-2011, 06:49 PM
Thanks for a great day bro. your right, cant stop talking about it and enjoying the feed.

Snap Dog
22-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Nice feed there mate, if you ever want to fish the hards which is about 30km north of the banks pm me and i,ll let you know when im heading out there. i always seem to get a good mixed bag of fish there & it would be good to have another boat out there.

marto78
22-02-2011, 05:15 PM
Some cracker pearlies there mate. Well done.

Fishing_Freddy
25-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Nice mixed bag well done
Ken:beer: