PDA

View Full Version : Question About Insurance

Aussie123
19-02-2011, 08:20 PM
Hi Guys.
Does anyone know of any insurance companies that specialize in public liability insurance for once off functions.
A small group of us has got together to organize and run a charity aquarium fish auction on the 14th of May for the local scout groups and other charities that need a financial hand from time to time.
We are going to need public liability coverage for the evening in case anything happens so if anyone here is in insurance or knows of any contacts that may be able to help or offer any advice please pm me and let me know.
Thanks
Lance.

cormorant
19-02-2011, 09:58 PM
We have got around this by holding "events" at venues that have it already. We use a room donated by RSL or Bowls club , cafe ( they get money and patronage from people who attend food and drinks) and then they have all the responsibility. If doing it for the scouts that may have correct coverage already.

We have avoided sports club halls etc that ask to hold own insurance. It wasn't so much the cost of insurance it was the chance that if something goes wrong unless the event is seriously well documented and well run they probably wouldn't pay out anyway.

Don't put yourself at risk

There have been some internet fish Auctions I think which must get a wider audience.

Aussie123
21-02-2011, 10:28 AM
Thanks Cormorant.
We cannot get coverage scouts insurance as it is not a scouts function.
Clubs are no good as we need a hall with good access for maybe 100 boxes of fish and plants,ect and carpet areas are a worry with all the water around.
We have a great council owned hall booked with full facilities that we need so just have to sort out the insurance issues.
Thanks
Lance

the gecko
21-02-2011, 08:02 PM
most brokers can do this. Ive had to get one off insurance for 2 days activities in shopping centres. Cant remember who did it, but ring some brokers from the phone book.