PDA

View Full Version : Honda Releases new 250HP V6

Spaniard_King
19-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Released at the Miami boat show in the USA yesterday.

will be available in Aus later this year8-)

FOR IMMEDIATE PUBLICATION

Honda announces new flagship BF250 outboard

Honda today announced it’s adding an all-new flagship BF250 outboard to its proven high-performance, fuel-efficient marine engine line-up

Making its debut at the 2011 Miami International Boat Show, the concept BF250 provides the first indication of the design direction for the new outboard, which is planned to be available in Australia towards the end of this year.

Based on a largte displacement 3.6L engine, the concept BF250 has been designed to deliver the optimum balance of performance and fuel efficiency, through exclusive Honda technologies including BLAST™ – air/fuel ratio linked ignition timing control technology; VTEC® – variable valve timing and electronic control; and ECOmo – unique lean burn control system.

The concept engine is also NMEA 2000 compliant, allowing engine-to-electronics data communication to deliver engine management and performance data to compatible marine electronics displays.

Through its innovative design, the concept BF250 also incorporates a streamlined, striking and sleek exterior that reflects Honda’s position as a premium brand in the marine industry.

As the world’s largest engine manufacturer and the pioneer of modern four-stroke engine technology, Honda upholds its moral obligation as a company that society wants to exist while caring for the environment.

Honda’s current class-leading range of marine outboard engines – from the BF2.3 right up to the powerful BF225 – meets California Air Resources Board (CARB) standards and exceeds all European RCD regulations, which are among the most stringent environmental regulations in the world

Jabba_
19-02-2011, 04:02 PM
sounds good, looks even better.. Any idea on the weight..

Spaniard_King
19-02-2011, 05:15 PM
Jabba... a question I will be asking this week!

Tangles
19-02-2011, 06:57 PM
those Hondas are just awesome bits of gear. any hints of a 300?

Spaniard_King
19-02-2011, 07:04 PM
Mike,

Its gunna take a while for the Honda big wigs to get over a 250.... what Honda does they generally do well... if the market wants a 300 then sure it will hapen.. Honda is more comitted to reliability and emissions than simply horsepower alone

I didnt think a 250 was close to release... hence I just ordered a Personalised number plate with 225 on it.. the Missus aint impressed::)

samson
20-02-2011, 11:21 AM
no trimming those bad boys up they'll clog the hole transom.

Broomey
20-02-2011, 01:10 PM
Woo Hoo, I was hoping they were bringing out something bigger than the 225, now new toy for christmas, ;D

Thanks for the update Garry :)

Eddy

champion
20-02-2011, 01:23 PM
Garry wont Honda be giving you a couple of Demo's on your boat for water testing.;D

Spaniard_King
20-02-2011, 04:09 PM
Yep I recon there might be one available on the Gold Coast for testing .. by appointment8-)

business class
21-02-2011, 02:44 PM
Yep I recon there might be one available on the Gold Coast for testing .. by appointment8-)
That New 250 will look good on Murphy's Law ;D I think i may need more Bilge Pumps installed though, as i think that may back down a little bit quicker then the 225 ;D