PDA

View Full Version : Quintrex Busta

fishin_till_late
18-02-2011, 12:43 PM
hi all,

Finally back in the market for another boat after having to sell 12 months ago.
Been around to a few of the local dealers and the salesman has shown me the new release from Quintrex, the 420 Busta.

These things come standard with the millenium hull(3mm bottom), front and rear rails, floor, casting deck, transom step and a heap of other features.

All for just $7990.00

In 2006 I paid more than that for my stacer 420 seahorse which was bare as bones.

Seems almost too good to be true.

What do you guys reckon.

Jono

Noelm
18-02-2011, 12:54 PM
I reckon research the market a bit further, plenty of boats out there now equal to or a lot better.

oldie
18-02-2011, 12:57 PM
no other boat has the millennium hull though i'd put my left #@# on it that this boat would ride better than any other pressed alloy 4.2 meter tinnies on the market, been considering down grading from the old Cruise About to one of these, a mate of mine bought one of the first and its just a good boat all round, he has been mackerel fishing out of it for last couple weeks

STUIE63
18-02-2011, 01:02 PM
my guess is the price is hull only

Noelm
18-02-2011, 01:06 PM
not exactly convinced the "millenium" hull is all that fantastic, tried lots of different boats in that size just a while ago (and the Quinnie is fine, don't get me wrong) but I just reckon there is a lot of boats just as good, and some a lot better than a simple tinny that has a flared bow at a big price penalty.

fishin_till_late
18-02-2011, 01:12 PM
Yer I was thinking along the lines of Oldie,
my old stacer (essentially the same hull as the dory) was a brilliant boat, crabbing 4 ft creeks one day fishing offshore reefs the next, and that millenium hull looked the goods.
Price was packaged with trailer, 30HP Merc (5 yr warranty) regos and safety gear.

Mad-One
18-02-2011, 01:27 PM
What about on of these
http://www.marinetune.com/specials/specials_detail.asp?ID=133

Jarrah Jack
18-02-2011, 01:52 PM
I've known a few Quintrex Busta but not that particular one....

lethal098
18-02-2011, 02:37 PM
I have recently purchased a 425 tinnie and the Busta was one i that was in my top 2, I did not buy it, I bought a Horizon 425 Allrounder with almost exactly the same specs and money, i liked the horizon hull and build quality a lot more than the Quintrex. So far i love it and cannot fault it at all. Paid $6200 with no trailer with a 30hp Yamaha CV.

Cheers Lee

Lachie1
19-02-2011, 11:46 AM
In my opinion the millenium hull does ride slightly better in most conditions and the flared bow will definately keep you dryer when it gets a bit sloppy or you run into a solid wave. Although i would have to trial it personally to be sure in a 4.2m tiller steer tinnie... Seems reasonably comparable to everything else on the market in that price range to me, but it all depends what you want in a boat. I haven't seen one in person either but there are some pretty good boats out there in that size range.

Cheers

nipsta
26-02-2011, 12:15 PM
I can tell ya a fair bit about all of them i have looked at 5 different brands and so far to be honest the quinny has teh allround benifits . Quintrex busta , stacer rampage, stessco catcher , bluefin rogue 4.2 , and the horizon allrounder 425
Point one 3 of them front achor part is not closed in so if you put things in the storage compartment they can slide under the seat .
Second is the hull the quinny is the only one with the millenum hullso the spray levels will be less its like the hornets are so they ride well.
The benifits the stessco has is the sides are the same thickness
other then that they are all pretty much the same
Oh the size varys a tad from manufactuar . SO ive decide mmy self to get a busta mid to later this year witha 40hp on it electric start and power trim and tilt im iver the hole lifting tyhe engine trick .
;D

business class
26-02-2011, 12:23 PM
Have a look at the new 4.27 Clark, a mate just got one with a 30, i think you will find the build quality of these are awesome and they dont have plastic anchor wells, casting deck is a decent size and comes standard with side decks, along with side pockets and the rest and its $7,850.00 on water. looks an awesome little rig.

oldie
26-02-2011, 01:08 PM
Have a look at the new 4.27 Clark, a mate just got one with a 30, i think you will find the build quality of these are awesome and they dont have plastic anchor wells, casting deck is a decent size and comes standard with side decks, along with side pockets and the rest and its $7,850.00 on water. looks an awesome little rig.

just a re badged ally craft

business class
26-02-2011, 01:13 PM
just a re badged ally craft

really? i thought quintrex brought them out? well they are a solid boat either way, and built tough as what i have seen

nipsta
26-02-2011, 03:44 PM
what are they calling that hull the clark one cant find it sorry

nipsta
26-02-2011, 04:09 PM
If ya can would you be able to ask him how fast it goes with the thirty on the back and how loaded the hull is . im just curious as im thinking it may be better to keep the wieght donw on them also does it have gunnels like i see on the clark site ?
THey all look good for around the same dollars hard to make a call but im still leaning to the quiny have owned one for the last 7 years and have pinish it to the max put the boat in conditions its not designed for and its handled every bit .
But i need a deeper boat its a shame as my is basically a 30 hp tohatus and merc do the same thing they have the 25 and 30 all the same but the 25 has a restricter plate in it which i do not have in mine any more i have a mate who has a long shaft 30 hp tohatsu and hi and me do the same top end speed to the dot . So if the clark would suit a short shaft may go that way .

Just to update there is a real good article in the qfm about the busta i just got it from the shop . The one fact i did notice between the clark and the busta the floor on the busta is wider then the clark . also i have found another one to look at and its package is cheaper again its a tabs trapper 30hp for $7300.00 plus on water costs

nipsta
26-02-2011, 09:06 PM
sorry for the hijack just th ought with both of us looking be good to get all the info we could;D

nipsta
27-02-2011, 09:11 PM
any more info

lippa
06-04-2011, 09:56 PM
anyone been for a run in a busta yet?