PDA

View Full Version : Hi All (where to fish in WA)

blaze
17-02-2011, 06:06 PM
Now been on the road a month and currently in sunny WA, I reckon its about time I pulled out some rods. Currently residing in Rockingham just south of Perth. Will be here for about a fortnight and then heading south to Albany for 2 or 3 months (may even look for a job there for a while).
cheers
blaze

finga
17-02-2011, 06:26 PM
Good to hear from you matey.

So what's happened in the travels so far?

Barry Ehsman
17-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Now been on the road a month and currently in sunny WA, I reckon its about time I pulled out some rods. Currently residing in Rockingham just south of Perth. Will be here for about a fortnight and then heading south to Albany for 2 or 3 months (may even look for a job there for a while).
cheers
blaze

Half your luck mate hoping to do the same thing in a couple of years.....Enjoy

Cheers Baz

jimbamb
18-02-2011, 08:15 AM
Blaze.
Get someone to take you just offshore and get into those KG whiting and squid
We got our quota in about an hour just off the jetty at woodman point a few years ago.
Jim

blaze
18-02-2011, 06:22 PM
Had a drive around today to sus out some spots, few nice jetties around where we are with a bit of weedy type bottom so will give them a go next week when all the workers are working. Met a young bloke and his partner having a fish and they were getting a few bream and skippy (WA for aust salmon I believe) but only small and no keepers but it does look like it will produce a fish of size.
cheers
blaze

jimbamb
21-02-2011, 08:53 AM
Mate.
I thought skippy were tailor but dont quote me,
Throw squid jig into that weed.we got heaps of squid out of it
Jim

fisho64
22-02-2011, 01:43 AM
skippy are sort of small trevally

Horse
22-02-2011, 06:02 AM
G'Day Blaze. Make sure you post some results of your efforts in that corner of the world.

It could be worth joining one of the WA oriented sites like http://fishwrecked.com/forum

Have fun in your travels

Cheers

Neil

grayzeee
22-02-2011, 06:27 PM
skippy - silver trevally