PDA

View Full Version : Coastguard volunteer

lethal098
16-02-2011, 08:48 AM
Well just thought i would let you guys know i have now Volunteered With QF3 Coastguard Redcliffe, I have been comtemplating it for the last 12-18 months and have finally taken the plunge. A few weeks in and the induction courses completed, Now for the Ship board safety course and the MROCP course over the next 3 weekends.

All i can say is what a great bunch of people i have met so far, Everyone is willing to help. I would highly reccomend this to anyone that is willing to give up 1 weekend a month, some great training and skills to be learnt.

Cheers Lee

MickInTheMud
16-02-2011, 05:52 PM
Hi Lee, which team are you allocated to.

I'm on D team.

Cheers Mick.

PinHead
16-02-2011, 05:56 PM
well done guys..a pity some. like me, have nothing to offer them in the way of time or skills.

justlovefishing
16-02-2011, 05:58 PM
hi mate
I have been a volunteer at QF11 yeppoon for about 3 yrs. just about to do my coxins ticket in the next couple of months. Have learnt a lot and the people are great to work with. you will enjoy yourself over the next couple of years. would recomond to anyone to have a go.

Kero
16-02-2011, 07:40 PM
Well just thought i would let you guys know i have now Volunteered With QF3 Coastguard Redcliffe, I have been comtemplating it for the last 12-18 months and have finally taken the plunge. A few weeks in and the induction courses completed, Now for the Ship board safety course and the MROCP course over the next 3 weekends.

All i can say is what a great bunch of people i have met so far, Everyone is willing to help. I would highly reccomend this to anyone that is willing to give up 1 weekend a month, some great training and skills to be learnt.

Cheers Lee

Good on you Lee!
I only wish that I had the time to do more for those good people (I'm flat out out going for a fish at the moment).
I'm "Redcliffe Mobile 197", hopefully we don't meet while you're on duty ;) .

lethal098
17-02-2011, 07:33 AM
Mick, i am on B team, i will be down at the base sunday for the MROCP course,
might catch up sometime on sunday.

Kero, yeah mate hopefully we dont meet that way,

Just to let everyone know as well that there is now an engine flush/boat wash ability at the Coastguard ramp, Gold coin donation for the engine flush, i think $5 for a boat wash, this means Coastguard supplies the water for you, I know whenever i go out i will use it, the quicker you can flush it out with fresh water the better.

cheers Lee

TheRealAndy
17-02-2011, 07:34 PM
Good on you lee. Just be warned, there is one dodgey guy over there called Peter, keep a good eye out for him.

No doubt we will cross paths in the rivalry between VMR Shorncliffe and Coast Guard Redcliffe!!

AnthonyL
17-02-2011, 09:33 PM
Good on you Lee, you will get a lot out of it while helping others with something you enjoy. I was at Vmr raby bay for 4 years and transferred to vmr vicky point about a year ago.

sandbankmagnet
17-02-2011, 09:35 PM
Is there a big (and I mean big) bald headed fella called Craig there? Mate of mine and he's out of Scarborough.

QF3 MROCP
17-02-2011, 10:29 PM
Good on you lee. Just be warned, there is one dodgey guy over there called Peter, keep a good eye out for him.

No doubt we will cross paths in the rivalry between VMR Shorncliffe and Coast Guard Redcliffe!!

I am speechless!! :love:
Crossing paths will be difficult as QF3 works beyond w/e public service hours ;)

TheRealAndy
18-02-2011, 06:43 AM
I am speechless!! :love:
Crossing paths will be difficult as QF3 works beyond w/e public service hours ;)

So who rescues you lot during the week when we are not around?:P

lethal098
18-02-2011, 07:33 AM
Love the rivalry already.

Cheers Lee

johncar
09-03-2011, 03:08 PM
Congrats on joining up, Hope you enjoy your time there. I am at VMR Bribie, might see you on a joint exercise one day. I'll be the one in the blue shirt;)

Marlin_Mike
09-03-2011, 03:12 PM
So who rescues you lot during the week when we are not around?:P

Raby Bay............. ;D::):P:P;);)::);D