PDA

View Full Version : New Clears needed

fishfeeder
15-02-2011, 04:55 PM
I need new clears for mainly over my windscreen in the boat there cracked along the bottom edge, the canvas is still perfect and all the stitching looks fine aswell.

Does anyone know if its possible to replace just the clear plastic part ??

Cheers

Si
15-02-2011, 07:22 PM
I need new clears for mainly over my windscreen in the boat there cracked along the bottom edge, the canvas is still perfect and all the stitching looks fine aswell.

Does anyone know if its possible to replace just the clear plastic part ??

Cheers

sure can. take it to a marine trimmer and they will unstitch the old plastic clear, cut a new one and restitch it back into the existing canvas border or hem.

fishfeeder
16-02-2011, 09:03 AM
Thanks mate,

I was hoping it could be done as the canvas is still in top condition.
Anyone know of a good Marine Trimmer south side ??

Cheers

2 weis
16-02-2011, 05:57 PM
moreton bay boat trimmers thorne st wynnum 33961617
happy with the work he did for me;D

La Vida
16-02-2011, 08:08 PM
if you are prepared for a little drive, custom marine trimminb at Horizon shores, real good guys, top quality work and well priced. they replaced the clear sections in my old haines... real happy... just remember you get what you pay for and there is a big difference in the price of clear material and the quality.. spend the extra if you want something that will last and you can see through. I went for the strata glass

Captain Seaweed
16-02-2011, 08:32 PM
Rowland St Boat Trimmers at Springwood. I got my boat done there, great job. I opted for the clears that were optically correct with no distortion FYI

tenzing
16-02-2011, 09:57 PM
Give Brendan a call at southside marine trimming. Next to greens marine stainless ,Yatala

The-easyrider
16-02-2011, 10:00 PM
While we are on the subject does anybody know of good trimmers on the north side

TimiBoy
17-02-2011, 05:48 AM
Give Brendan a call at southside marine trimming. Next to greens marine stainless ,Yatala

Yep, when I needed repairs, I did the research, and that's where I wound up. Really, really class act.

Cheers,

Tim

fishfeeder
17-02-2011, 09:39 AM
Thanks guys,

I am looking at either Crystal Clear 20/20 or Strataglass...

After reading the website I am thinking Crystal Clear looks to be the easiest to look after and maintain.

Captain Seaweed, Did you go for the Crystal Clear 20/20 or something else ?

Cheers

Si
17-02-2011, 10:21 AM
While we are on the subject does anybody know of good trimmers on the north side

Brisbane Boat Trim
Justin Kells

brisbaneboattrim@optusnet.com.au

he did mine (canopy with front and side clears with pop out windows and rocket launcher) and did a pretty good job although it wasnt ready exactly when i wanted it as he was in process of moving premises. i would suggest paying a bit extra and get ss tubing rather than polished al. the rod holders he used were a bit ordinary though and too short and i nearly lost a few rods in rough seas. had to hole saw out the bottoms, but other than that was a great job.

Captain Seaweed
17-02-2011, 10:41 AM
Thanks guys,

I am looking at either Crystal Clear 20/20 or Strataglass...

After reading the website I am thinking Crystal Clear looks to be the easiest to look after and maintain.

Captain Seaweed, Did you go for the Crystal Clear 20/20 or something else ?

Cheers

They were not 20/20 they were called Vibac Clears. Cost a lot but like looking through glass, will use this again.

rando
17-02-2011, 06:59 PM
Anyone had a crack at DIY.
how did it go, any tips??