PDA

View Full Version : Piranha props

steve harney
10-02-2011, 08:49 AM
Has anyone run a Piranha prop?? any good or bad reports?? I've read up about them & seems all good, replacement blades are 33bucks each to replace and there's all sorts of pitches & sizes to suite my Yammy 90 engine!! as I'm having problems with prop slip & old prop inner thingy has had it's day!! it was going to cost about the same to fix it,or get it replaced for a Piranha one with a life time replacement hub as it has a different set-up. I almost had a heart attack getting prices for a S/S prop here in OZ as why I was looking Stateside, mate someone's making good money here compared to prices between the states & us like 200% mark up!! the Aussie dollar is the same as the Seppo's!! why can I buy a $200 prop in the states & it costs me $600 plus here I cannot work that bit out
Steve

Blackened
10-02-2011, 05:55 PM
G'day

Get yourself a decent stainless prop, I've had great success here but you must know exactly what you're looking for.

americanprop.biz

Dave

cormorant
10-02-2011, 06:15 PM
I have not use them but my experience is I always bend more than one blade so not sure if I would get value out of it. I like the idea .

Spaniard_King
10-02-2011, 08:17 PM
Tried and tested... CRAP !! if you buy one.. get 25 spare blades :P

krazyfisher
11-02-2011, 05:43 AM
tried one as well lost top end, lost hole shot, lost all the blades when I touched the ramp all four!!!!! looked good

Gary you will need more than 25 spare blades.....