PDA

View Full Version : Trading in a boat for a car??

Jono_SS
09-02-2011, 11:41 PM
Hey there.

Just wondering if anyone has ever successfully used a boat as a trade in for a new or used car? I'm currently considering all options for selling the little AMM, so that I can purchase a better tow vehicle for the 1750 glass boat.

Cheers.

Jono.

Matt76
10-02-2011, 05:10 AM
I'm amazed that boat hasn't sold mate, have you taken it to a busy boat ramp on a weekend with a for sale sign on it? It should certainly get noticed.

Jono_SS
10-02-2011, 06:30 AM
nah Matt, haven't tried that...but it sounds like a great idea.

maybe I'll put a sign on it and go chasing mackerel in the bay this weekend...

how's your set up going?

cheers.

Jono.

finga
10-02-2011, 06:47 AM
Hey there.

Just wondering if anyone has ever successfully used a boat as a trade in for a new or used car? I'm currently considering all options for selling the little AMM, so that I can purchase a better tow vehicle for the 1750 glass boat.

Cheers.

Jono.
I would imagine the trade in value would be extremely low as the caryard would have to do something with it then.
It would be like trying to sell Margret Fulton's cook books at Macdonalds on a Saturday arvo for them.

Noelm
10-02-2011, 07:51 AM
what can happen when trading a boat on a car (or vice versa) the dealer will just ring a boat shop and say "how much for an XXXX unseen?" they will give them a brief description and the boat dealer will offer a low price to cover their ar$e and that's what they will give you, the car dealer will then just take the boat to the boat shop and get his cash, deal done! it does not ALWAYS happen like that, but typically does, you will often see some boats in a car yeard, but not too often do you see cars in a boat yard, but it does happen now and then.

lethal098
10-02-2011, 08:24 AM
Have you tried offering it to a few local boat yards, there a quite a few around that will pay cash for second hand boats.

cheers Lee

andkat
10-02-2011, 07:40 PM
Hey there.

Cheers.

Jono.

Dude,

You need to try and sell it via boatpoint or boatsonline, trust me they work, you will do better this way than trading.

Cheers
Andkat

Matt76
10-02-2011, 08:21 PM
nah Matt, haven't tried that...but it sounds like a great idea.

maybe I'll put a sign on it and go chasing mackerel in the bay this weekend...

how's your set up going?

cheers.

Jono.

Finally went to the paint shop today! I chuck a pic of it up if I can find the thread again haha