PDA

View Full Version : The dream is complete!

Lovey80
06-02-2011, 10:22 PM
Well it has been years in the making and a lot looking and saving and hard work but I have finally completed my inshore and off shore boating combo's.

I am the pround new owner of Dean1's 1997 5.2m Kevlacat Black Marlin;D ;D

So that completes the Combo (for now until I can afford to go bigger)

Inshore = 4.3 Webster Twinfisher Centre Console custom

Offshore = 5.2m Kevlacat.

When does that Snapper Ban start again ;)

Cheers

Chris

sleepygreg
06-02-2011, 10:38 PM
HEHEHE.....well done Chris. Now harking back to our conversation on the deck of "In The Black".....what were your reasons for NOT getting a Kevlacat when I was trying to talk you into one????????? LOL

Seriously though...nice rig...and you have all bases covered. Now you just need to be in the country long enough to use them.

Cheers
Greg

charleville
06-02-2011, 11:37 PM
Where's the pix? :-?

Would love to see the boats. :)

Lovey80
07-02-2011, 01:18 AM
The reason for not buying a new Kevlacat was that there were better options available at cheaper prices. In my price bracket (which was lower than this boat) the 5.2kc is the best of both worlds. I considered the 5.6SC but this is in such good nick and will do me well until I can afford something that requires a birth ;)

Pics of the two little cats side by side will have to wait til Thursday when I get home.

frankgrimes
07-02-2011, 06:11 AM
Mate - nice work....love the 5.2 KC's!

Is Dean upgrading to something bigger or?

Mick

Lovey80
07-02-2011, 12:17 PM
Mick, I think he is looking for something larger....... Have to wait and see on that one.

frankgrimes
07-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Cheers - Have you taking the KC out for a spin yet??

Looking forward to seeing some pics mate.

Dean1
07-02-2011, 10:00 PM
Hey Chris I hope she serves you well. I havent died yet i was unsure how i would feel selling that little gem but sometimes you have to bite the bullet and believe me it wasnt easy :'(

I am having a breather for a while have some important investments to spend my spare time on for a bit then ill be back bigger no doubt ;D

A 6-7m Sharkcat is on the cards something i can leave up north with a hardtop and as i have a short tow to the ramp and my trips up there are 3 days long usually so i feel the bigger boat would make more sense.

I have 5 mates with cats that i can fish out of so i wont be missing out and Chris says he may take me out so thats 6 Cats 8-) 3 KC's 3 SC's.

Enjoy her mate she gets you home safe every time they are a truly amazing boat.

Oh yeah had 2 inquiries about her today so you just grabbed her in time ;)

Cheers, Deano.

Lovey80
08-02-2011, 01:38 AM
SOLD ! SOLD ! SOLD! SOLD!

Thanks Deano, fingers crossed the weather plays the game this weekend like it is suppose too.

Noelm
08-02-2011, 12:55 PM
It is always some mixed emotions when you sell a boat that is good and you have had for a while, you know it is the right thing, but deep down something tells you to keep it! I had the same feeling years ago when I sold my old 5.5m Aluminium cat, the kids had grown up in it, caught countless fish out of it, we took it away on holidays every year, I think the kids cried as much as me when it left the yard, but I still see every few days, the guy that has it lives about 2ks from me.

Grand_Marlin
08-02-2011, 01:39 PM
Good on you Chris ;D

It has been a long time coming.
2 Cats ... what could get better than that...

Deano, I thought you would never do it, but there ya go!

Cheers

Pete

John Buoy
08-02-2011, 08:59 PM
Two tunnels and Four sponsons says your a lucky man Chris!!
Congrats on the buy and knowing Deanos passion im sure she is
in fine condition.
Regards Frank :)

Lovey80
08-02-2011, 09:07 PM
She is in great nic although I haven't even been in it myself! Flying home today, in the water first chance I get. These are the only cats a man should own ;)

frankgrimes
14-02-2011, 10:38 AM
She is in great nic although I haven't even been in it myself! Flying home today, in the water first chance I get. These are the only cats a man should own ;)

Hey mate - Wondering if you've taken her for a spin yet?

Still waiting for those pics! ;)

Mick