PDA

View Full Version : Somerset Condition

Bad_Bazza
05-02-2011, 09:47 AM
Has anyone been to Somerset since it re-opened?
What are the water conditions like?
Is the water fishable with lures or is it still too dirty?
I would appreciate any advice from anyone who has been there or if someone makes the trip on the weekend could report back on how it is.

Thanks in advance
Bad_Bazza

Gordie
05-02-2011, 11:20 PM
I have only seen it up close a few Ks up the Stanley and it is clearing up nicely, that should be a fair indication of the dam at the top end.

Someone may report on the main body of the dam for you.

Be careful there has got to be logs about.

Gordon

Horse
06-02-2011, 08:32 PM
I saw the main body last week. It looked about the same as Wivenhoe. Very very muddy

Bad_Bazza
07-02-2011, 09:29 AM
Thanks guys for your info, might give it another couple of weeks before I visit again.

Bad_Bazza

itbass
08-03-2011, 12:42 AM
Wivenhoe was like chocolate milk last week. How long do you think it will take to clear? Is anyone catching many fish on lures at present?

Andrew M
08-03-2011, 08:54 AM
The Stanley is really muddy again after the weekends rain, Somerset was looking dirtier on Sunday on the way home than it did on Friday.
Lure fishing has been very hard for a while now, for me anyway:'(

Cheers Andrew

Raydog
14-03-2011, 08:07 PM
Has anyone been to Somerset since it re-opened?
What are the water conditions like?
Is the water fishable with lures or is it still too dirty?
I would appreciate any advice from anyone who has been there or if someone makes the trip on the weekend could report back on how it is.

Thanks in advance
Bad_Bazza
hi bad-bazza.raydog senior here long time no speak off to somerset soon raydog went last weekend (fishless)going soon with him hope it has changed for the better will let know how we go

Bad_Bazza
14-03-2011, 08:33 PM
Thanks for that Raydog Senior,
Look forward to hearing if things are improving. I am going to be away now until about mid April so I will not get to visit until I come back.
Hopefully it will be up and running again by then

Bad_Bazza