PDA

View Full Version : Boating on the Tweed River

Maximum
03-02-2011, 09:37 PM
Hi all - just wondering if anybody has been on the Tweed River recently (in the last week or so - since the bad weather)? We were thinking of going there this w/e to our usual spot, around Tumbulgum, for some skiing etc. What's the water quality like and is there lots of flotsom etc in the water?

Cheers
Mick

nick-o83
04-02-2011, 05:04 AM
G'day Mick,

Been out twice over the past week, not as far down as tumbulgum though. Water still a little discoloured but have not encountered any significant debris.

Have a good one,

Nick.

goat boy
04-02-2011, 11:19 AM
Was out on Tues morning from the mouth down along the Fingal stretch, Boyds Bay area etc. Water was crystal clear and could see the bottom easily in 5-6m. There doesn't seem to be alot of debris about and nobody I know that has been out on the river has mentioned such.

Maximum
04-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Mick

bugman
04-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Mick,

We're at Murwillumbah. We've been swimming in the river off the pontoon in the back yard every day or the last week. Nice and clean and not muddy.

There's absolutely no debris in the water. Only takes a day or two and all the debris finds its way to the banks and waits there for the next flush.

Might find my may down to Tumbulgum for a beer in the pub this weekend myself.

Brett

Maximum
04-02-2011, 08:28 PM
Thanks Brett - if the weather / conditions go bad might end up in the pub myself....

Mick