Hi All,

Having now established I'm allowed to get a boat

The criteria

Fishing Vessel with casting deck.
Tiller Steer
Able to be used in port Phillip bay as well as in lakes & rivers
Ideally 4 to 4.4m in size
Engine (2 stroke)
Trailer, boat, motor length less than 5m (dunbier swing draw bar looks to fit the bill)
Price up to $15k
Some suggestions to date - Quintrex (Hornet Trophy 440 & Top End 430), Stacer Pro, Polycraft or TABS Bull Shark

Appreciate any feedback along with suggestions for good boat dealers in Melbourne Area. I'm located inner West and called a Geelong outlet twice today, was going to go shopping tomorrow but no sales person available and no return call so probably going to give them a miss :-)

Thanks

Jason

Jarrah Jack
03-02-2011, 08:19 AM
Your wishlist is not the typical Melb boat so you would be lucky to find what you are after in the yards. JV marine would have the largest selection. The style and size you've mentioned can handle the Bay on a good day but you would have to be selective and careful.

Have a look at the classifieds on here but you would have to travel to get them. I wouldn't go near a hornet or stacer if you are going bay bashing. Tabs/seascape are plate and good for pressed there are good reports for Allycraft and Seajay.

Noelm
03-02-2011, 09:05 AM
there will be plenty of boats that fit the bill, but as mentioned, probably not in Vic, my local dealer has a boat that would suit, (but it is just a tad dearer, it has a side console) I was in there yesterday afternoon, I think you might be better to look around NSW and do some phone/internet shopping and maybe a bit of a trip to get what you want (maybe)

Shawn 66
03-02-2011, 10:38 AM
Hi All,

Having now established I'm allowed to get a boat

The criteria

Fishing Vessel with casting deck.
Tiller Steer
Able to be used in port Phillip bay as well as in lakes & rivers
Ideally 4 to 4.4m in size
Engine (2 stroke)
Trailer, boat, motor length less than 5m (dunbier swing draw bar looks to fit the bill)
Price up to $15kSome suggestions to date - Quintrex (Hornet Trophy 440 & Top End 430), Stacer Pro, Polycraft or TABS Bull Shark

Appreciate any feedback along with suggestions for good boat dealers in Melbourne Area. I'm located inner West and called a Geelong outlet twice today, was going to go shopping tomorrow but no sales person available and no return call so probably going to give them a miss :-)

Thanks

Jason
G'Day Jason ,
As Jarrah Jack has already stated , Seascape would be something to have a look at . I got mine 1 month ago and am very happy with it . Bloody good price too.
Shawn .;)

nigelr
03-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Try and contact BM.
He is a member of this site and I think operates Bayside Marine.
He always offers great advice on this forum.
Shoot him a pm, perhaps.
Definitely worth a try IMO.
Cheers.

Kill Bill
03-02-2011, 04:11 PM
You can buy a brand new Haines Hunter Seawasp on a trailer with a motor for that much - and you will have change!

Have a look at Port phillip Boating Centre or Gippsland Boat Supplies - I see them advertising them on boatpoint a lot.

Will ride and is finished better than any tinnie out there