PDA

View Full Version : One for Bar Crusher Owners

wetryin
29-01-2011, 05:39 AM
I have just had a look on the Bar Crusher website and have noticed (I dont know anyone else that has realised this) that all the models have been renamed. I own the 530C and now this has been renamed the 575. I can see why as the 530 is actually 575 long (boat only). All models have seemed to been renamed through the entire range; the old 560 is now the 610 etc and so forth.
Its probably a good thing. Is anyone else aware of any other reason why BC boats have done it other than my thougths above?

robothefisho
29-01-2011, 06:54 AM
Because most manufacturers overstate the size of their boats and most often include the length of the bow sprit. So I spose Barcrusher know this and think hey if we measure our boats like that too people will think they are getting a bigger boat.

marto78
29-01-2011, 08:03 AM
And they are probably charging more for the extra length in the name.

Spaniard_King
29-01-2011, 01:22 PM
how about a marketing ploy

ahamay
29-01-2011, 04:58 PM
13 Dec 2010 | New ISO standards to affect 14 models

Bar Crusher turned 10 this year and, as if marking the milestone with a significant gesture, changed all its model numbers to match Certified Europe (CE) compliance requirements.

The move increases the company’s prospects of selling boats into Pacific Island markets where boatbuilding is regulated in accordance with ISO standards, or the higher still CE standard.

“Bar Crusher’s model numbers now indicate the overall length measurement in metres,” said a company media release. “For example, the 500 is now the 535 (5.35m); the 640 is now the 680 and the 760 is now the 780”. 14 models are affected.

Model nomenclature within the marine industry can be confusing because designation methodology varies from one manufacturer to another. The worst thing about the haphazard system is that buyers more than anyone become confused.

“Adopting the CE standard makes model identification more straight forward and avoids confusion, said Bar Crusher CEO Peter Cleland. “As well as improving our standards generally, it’s a way for us to make everything as easy as possible for our customers”.

Visit www.barcrusher.com.au for more information.

FNQCairns
29-01-2011, 05:02 PM
So all you blokes with the smaller model to the typically uninitiated buyer scanning the adverts just dropped 5k in value?

Barcrushers are pretty tiny for length anyway, that's why they worked well in the chop like the boats of old.

Prowl n Wolf
29-01-2011, 07:00 PM
like which boats of old?:-?

FNQCairns
29-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Most of the older ones so without VD and with around the same deadrise.

I like the barcrushers they are unique so not having a go, i was at a dealers and they had a 14ft widebodied tinny right next to the 5.2? barcrusher, the tinny looked cavernous in comparison.

frank100
29-01-2011, 07:56 PM
LOL,
I have a 6.1BC brought in 03 , it is a Surtees hull from NZ, finished & painted in Melb. A few years back the BC length was changed & my boat became a 5.8.
Oh goody ! it is now a 6.1, I don't know what to do with the extra length (as the actress said to the bishop !) probably have enough room for an extra rod holder LOL
Frank

Prowl n Wolf
29-01-2011, 07:57 PM
cool, they make a 5.2 barcrusher, is that a cuddy or cc?

Nicko_Cairns
30-01-2011, 03:35 PM
LOL,
I have a 6.1BC brought in 03 , it is a Surtees hull from NZ, finished & painted in Melb. A few years back the BC length was changed & my boat became a 5.8.
Oh goody ! it is now a 6.1, I don't know what to do with the extra length (as the actress said to the bishop !) probably have enough room for an extra rod holder LOL
Frank

Gold Frank,
Don't buy a bigger eskie mate as if they down-scale it back to 5.8m in the future it might not fit! ;)

deckie
30-01-2011, 05:10 PM
I like the Barcrushers they are unique so not having a go....

Dont mean to be pedantic but ...Unique ?

They look like a Surtees knockoff to me.

Prowl n Wolf
30-01-2011, 05:25 PM
yep deckie they do. pretty cool to have two great plateys to chose from.:)

truth stretcher
30-01-2011, 09:03 PM
I bought a 560c and the guys where I got it supplied me with the new 610 stickers for it a couple of weeks after i got it.
One complaint is that the old barcrusher stickers are like a raised spongy type sticker and the 610 bit they supplied to replaced the 560 is flat so the 'barcrusher' bit is raised and the 610 bit flat.
Ah well !

reel-em-in
31-01-2011, 08:50 PM
I would suggest that while Barcrusher claim that the changed methodology in length badging is aimed at complying with ISO standards, the new nomenclature also keeps them equal to Surtees boats who rate their boats on the overall lenght.

RJ5023
01-02-2011, 09:33 AM
I would suggest that while Barcrusher claim that the changed methodology in length badging is aimed at complying with ISO standards, the new nomenclature also keeps them equal to Surtees boats who rate their boats on the overall lenght.

Yep. They cleared it all up nicely :o

I've got a Surtees Workmate 5.5
Same hull as the Barcrusher 530C
...which is now the Barcrusher 575?

Clear as Rudd.

Anyone else confused?

Cheers,

drireech
04-02-2011, 10:40 AM
Now that my boat is longer, I'm gunna need a new trailer and bigger car ;D ;D

Lbudgie
04-02-2011, 10:09 PM
its the new way of measuring boats now.
befor it was basicly the actual hull length, which did not include pods and bow sprites.
now its the total length. if its welded or molded on its counted in the length.
BUT if you have a bowsprite or pod thats bolted on and therefor posibly removable then its not counted.

deckie
05-02-2011, 09:29 AM
Hmmmmm yeah u can see the long lunch meeting right now.
I know...instead of dropping our price to compete....lets just lengthen our hulls so they look better priced.