PDA

View Full Version : Bateman's Bay Boat Storage??

WalFish
26-01-2011, 05:40 PM
G'day, anyone on here know of any good boat storage in the Bateman's Bay area. I am going to be moving down to Canberra at the end of the year and am thinking of storing the boat at Bateman's Bay and just drive down whenever we want to go fishing. Would have to be easier than towing the boat up and down that mountain range twice a month...

Steeler
26-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Wal

I spent Chrissy to new year at Merry Beach Caravan Park about 15mins north of the Bay, friends have on site van there and i am almost certain right at the back of the park was a storage area and boats were there.The park is a privately owned one and during busy periods the owner has security guards there full time around the clock scooting around in golf carts making sure all is sweet.

May be of some help especially if you are also looking for a place to stay either on site van or camp, and when i say beach front camping i mean piddling distance to the sand.

Cheers

Steeler

bennykenny
26-01-2011, 09:20 PM
Merry Beach would be ok if you were staying in the area, has some great fishing spots around the islands, i own a onsite caravan there and my oldies are residents at the park. might be a bit out of the way if you were staying at the bay though.storage king in the bay store boats not sure of the prices though
ph number is 02 4472 3033. cheers BK
hey steeler did you get out and do any fishing while you were there???

Steeler
26-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Nah, but i was on the rocks watching the over the kids while they had a fish and my friend and i tried as best we could to help the fellow out with that yellow V16R that come to grief on the rocks.

Jarrah Jack
27-01-2011, 09:06 AM
Don't forget Bermagui while you are down that way. A lot of Canberra game fishermen head to Bermi, its a great spot with easy access to the shelf. There is a boat storage place in Sherwood rd in the industrial park that I've used, but a while ago now unfortunately...

bennykenny
27-01-2011, 09:51 AM
was thinking about this last night and i remember there used to be a guy just north of the bay, about 5 mins up the princes hwy that used to store caravans and boats, i think he had a tow truck business or something not sure if he is still there but its worth going and having a look, im sure he would be cheaper than storage king

honda900
27-01-2011, 07:09 PM
ring a few of the van parks, a lot of them have storage.

Bawly point, Racecourse beach has storage. its about 1/2 hour from the bay north.

Regards
HOnda.

WalFish
27-01-2011, 07:26 PM
Thanks for all of the replies, all very helpful and have given me a few leads to start looking at. Not too keen on putting the boat in storage, but it has to be better that dragging it back up the range to Canberra every sunday arvo....:'(

snapperdan
27-01-2011, 07:37 PM
I beleive that the batemans marina will be re done in the near future. May be a dry stack in the works.

To the person that mentioned Bawley point. That is one of the best gems in NSW. Would love to have a holdiay house there.