PDA

View Full Version : more advise needed

stevel3
26-01-2011, 04:00 PM
as most will know from my previous posts I am in the market for a boat. I decided against the Trailcraft, just too many iffy things with it. I now have another 3 options,

first one is the Savage I mentiioned in an earlier post which I can get for $21k

http://www.boatsales.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=9834143

there is also another Savage in Maryborough, long way to go to look at a boat though, which I can get for $17k

http://www.tradingpost.com.au/Boats/Power-Boats/Power-Boats/AdNumber=TP003906725?BackToResult=true&AdOnTop=

plus there is a member from here about to sell his 08 model 4.85m Stessco Amberjack runabout with a 60 hp Yammie four stroke for $22k

all 3 boats are well optioned and have there pluses and minuses, all have low hours on the motors as well, any/all opinions welcomed, cheers Steve.

Chimo
26-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Thought you were going for a cuddy cabin so you / she could have a kip etc?

None of the linked options have that ability, You she will miss it me thinks.

Cheers
Chimo

stevel3
26-01-2011, 08:37 PM
nah we were / are chasing a runabout style, I didnt think it would be this hard to find the right boat in this price range. I suppose I would look at a cuddy cabin if it was priced right, cheers Steve.

lethal098
27-01-2011, 09:06 AM
Pity you couldnt wait a few months, I am just in the process of refitting my Savage Pacific 525 runabout but its taking time,
It has a 115 Evinrude DI, Rocket launcher and canopy (stainless frame currently in fabrication) front and side clears, 3mm checkerplate floor, Front seat boxes with storage, live bait tank, full range of electronics(navman gps, Furuno ls4100 sounder, Brand new gme 27 meg and VHF with brand new aerials)

I just need time to finish her off but the price will be in that vicinity. Pm me for more information.

Cheers Lee

ahamay
27-01-2011, 10:51 PM
Steve,

I've got a 2010 Stessco 485 amberjack with the 60 4s yammy, which will be the same as above. Send me a PM if there's anything you want to know or honest opinion etc.

Paul

stevel3
28-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Pity you couldnt wait a few months, I am just in the process of refitting my Savage Pacific 525 runabout but its taking time,
It has a 115 Evinrude DI, Rocket launcher and canopy (stainless frame currently in fabrication) front and side clears, 3mm checkerplate floor, Front seat boxes with storage, live bait tank, full range of electronics(navman gps, Furuno ls4100 sounder, Brand new gme 27 meg and VHF with brand new aerials)

I just need time to finish her off but the price will be in that vicinity. Pm me for more information.

Cheers Lee

thanks Lee but we are hoping to get something soon, cheers Steve.

nigelr
28-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Got an old 5.3m Lancer. Put a 90hp 2 stroke on it. Cost me about the same all-up as those you refer to. A 75hp would have worked well enough in retrospect; I rarely fish with more than one passenger...... I'm very happy though; the hull works great and is very dry.
Those both look very good IMO. Personally I think the 75 would be plenty adequate for two-up fishing, but you are getting more fruit with the $21k vessel.
Do you need to cross a bar, and how many passengers will you have? What range do you need? With the $4g saved you could buy some nice electronics if the 75 will suit your needs.
Cheers.

Argle
29-01-2011, 11:37 AM
Mate I dont know if you are hell bent on a tinny but one of these will blow any tinny of similar size away. This one is a few more $$ but its basically a brand new engine - just thinking outside the square a bit, a mate had one of these with a 120 Johnno and it flew. Lots of cockpit room for fishing and a ride that cant be beaten by any tinny in this size. I also owned a 493F (same hull but cuddy) and for the size for two people it was a magic little boat. Worth a look I reckon.

Cheers

http://www.boatsales.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=8872568