PDA

View Full Version : New Boat Advice

brute898
26-01-2011, 11:23 AM
Hi all ausfishers, I am looking for some advice on buying a new or second hand boat. We have to sell our current quintrex estuary angler to upgrade. I have a couple of boats in mind but wondering what comes to your mind when I tell you what I want in the boat.
I am looking for a good fishing boat but it will also be used to tow a tube or skier. I would prefer aluminium and it has to be an ok ride but stable at rest as most of my fishing will be done while at anchor in Port Phillip Bay at Bass Straight.
It cant be any bigger then 5.8m long and I would want atleast a 115hp outboard. I would prefer the centre cabin design but the normal cabin style is also ok.
What boats come to your mind when reading this information.
Thanks

Jarrah Jack
26-01-2011, 12:38 PM
There are a few people after boats at the moment by the look of it. You need to specify some sort of a budget. I've noticed some nice secondhand Barscrushers around lately, they would fit the bill if you could afford them.

brute898
26-01-2011, 01:37 PM
Ok I wont be able to buy untill I sell our boat but by then my budget would be around 35 - 40,000 tops.

Mark-P
26-01-2011, 07:20 PM
How about another quinny, 570 spirit ?? Had a 560 a while ago, very stable @ rest & quite capable offshore . Only towed a tube once (115 4st) not to bad !

Mark